The University of Jammu, was established in 1969 by an Act of the State Legislature which effectively split the Jammu and Kashmir University into the separate Universities of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Accredited as 'A' grade University by National Assessment & Accreditation Council(NAAC)
- The University stands for spiritual and material elements in life thirst for knowledge and virtue under the backdrop of holy peaks of Trikuta Hills.
- The university also admits, maintains, recognizes and affiliates colleges and other institutions
- The Jammu University holds examinations, gifts degrees, produces information and presents differing scholarly qualifications to different people
- Emerging India and The World (2005)
- The Peacock and the Dragon : India - China Relations in the 21st Century (2000)
- Northwest Himalayan Successions along Jammu-Srinagar Transect (Field Guide), An Indian Association of Sedimentologists Publication by Dr. S.K Pandita
- Abstract Volume, XVI-Convention of Indian Association of Sedimentologists (An International Meeting), (Editor) by Dr. S.K Pandita.
- Punjab the Crucial Decade, M/s Nirmal Publishers Distributors, New Delhi, 1987 by Dr. S.C Sharma.
- Revenue Free Land Grants in Mughal India, Awadh Region in the 17th and 18th Centuries (1658-1765), Manohar Publishers, Delhi, 2002
- The NSS(National Service Scheme) organization of Jammu University is organizing special camps, inter-college & National Integration camps to make youth to interact with each other and to transfer skills
- Display your Talent
- The Library has a collection of nearly 3.5 lakh volumes
- 250 current periodicals with back numbers
- Hardware: Unix based multi terminal Dec-alpha Mini-system. Pentium, PI, PII, PIII, PIV, Scanner, Printer DMP & Laser, On-line UPS, AC(Windows), CVT
- Software: Digital Unix, Fortan Compiler, C/C++ Compiler, Pascal, Math Lib. Windows Operating Systems, Utilities, Visual basic, Antivirus software, software packages RDBMS/DBMS etc
- SAUFEST(South Asian Universities Youth Festival) from February 12-16, 2006
- North Zone Inter-Universities Youth Festival
- First University of India got ISO 9001:2000 Certificate
- OC & MIL Scholarships
- Post-Graduate Scholarship
- Scholarships in the LL.B. Course
- Merit and Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships in Diploma Courses
- Regulation for Utilization of Contigency Grant Admissible to the Scholars Working Under the Scheme Of University Research Scholarship
- Comp Labs