- Autonomous Institute
- Leading Institute of Design, Management and Technology
- Strategic alliances with varied Universities/Institutes
- Cultural exchanges, hosting exhibitions, student twinning
- Strong Alumni Network
- Scholarship to meritorious students
- Industry-relevant curriculum
- Conducive environment for the personal and intellectual growth
The institute facilitates placement assistance to its students.
Top Recruiting Companies
Some of the top recruiting companies are mentioned as below:
- Arvind Lifestyle Brands Ltd.
- Aquarelle India
- Shahi Exports
- Jinaam Dress Pvt. Ltd
- Omega Designs Pvt. Ltd.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
The institute facilitates lively and vibrant campus which is complemented with best facilities which includes:
- Fully equipped lecture rooms
- Design Studios and Laboratories
- resource centres
- Activity Centres
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- National Institute of Technology, Chennai established in 1986 as one of the premier institute in Designing, Management and Technology under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
- The institute inculcates varied skills in the students in the field of fashion industry.
- NIFT has acknowledged constitutional status under the act of Parliament of India, authorizing it to award degrees and other academic distinctions.
- The prime objective of this institute is to assist the apparel/fashion industry in meeting the industrial competitiveness on a global plane.
List of Universities / Institutes with which NIFT has existing MOUs and strategic alliances:
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, USA
- Hogskolan Boras (University College of Boras, Sweden)
- Birmingham Institute of Arts and Design, Birmingham, UK
- University of Leeds, UK
- DeMont Fort University, UK
- University of the Arts, UK
- Domus Academy, Italy
- NABA, Italy
- Nottingham Trent University, UK (Twinning Agreement)
- Amsterdam Fashion Institute, Amsterdam