- Deemed University
- Ranked 8th among the engineering schools in India by Times of India
- State of Art Infrastructure
- Excellent Placement Records
- Eminent Faculty
- Academic MoUs with multinational companies
- Offers scholarship programme to needy and meritorious students
- The Institute's training and placement section provides a launch pad for students to make it to the best organizations in the fields of software, core industries, management, etc.
- The biggest names in the corporate world visit the campus on a regular basis, with enviable compensation offers.
Top Recruiting Companies
Listed are the top recruiters:
- Agilent Tech
- Analog Devices
- Ashok Leyland
- Atos Origin
- Computer Associates
- DE Shaw
- Embedded Infotech
- Foster Wheeler
- Free Scale
- GE - Consumer
- GE - Energy
- GE - Research
- Goldman Sachs
- Greaves Cotton
- GVK - Bio
- HCL - Tech
- Hero Honda
- HLS - Asia
- HP Global
- IVY Comptech
- L & T - ECC
- L & T - Powai
- L & T - Valdel
- Mentor Graphics
- Mind Tree
- Morgan Stanley
- NTPC n VIDIA
- Oil Tanking
- On Mobile
- Perot Systems
- Red Pine Signals
- Rel. Ind. Ltd.
- Shell Tech. India, Sobha Developers
- Soft Sol
- TEJAS Networks, Thermax
- TRIAD Software
- TVS Motors
- Verizon Virtusa
Rankings & Awards
- NIT Warangal has been ranked 8th among the engineering schools in India by Times of India.
- NITW clinches the 13th rank among the technical institutes in the country
The National Institute of Technology, Warangal has excellent residential facilities for all the students admitted to the various courses. There are twenty hostel blocks (halls of residence) for men and two for women. Hostel administration is managed by chief warden and a team of Wardens.
- There are five messes in the mens hostels, three of them serving non-vegetarian meals and the remaining two providing vegetarian meals.
- Ladies hostel has a separate mess which offers both the vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisine.
- Messes are equipped with excellent furniture, music system and purified chilled water.
- Fruit juice stall, bakery, Xerox and an STD booth are some of the facilities at the shopping complex
- The hostel provides Internet facilities for the inmates in the hostel premises.
- Boys hostel has an internet center with 15 systems.
- Each of the blocks in ladies hostel, namely Priyadarshini and Sarojini has an internet centre each with 5 systems.
- There is centralized music system with good collection songs in Telugu, Hindi and English.
- All the blocks are going to be provided Internet through Wireless Lan.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Below are the best infrastructure offered by NITW:
Motor Transport Section
- The Institute maintains a number of vehicles to cater to the needs of the institute.
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal Dispensary is a full-fledged unit with provision for a Medical Officer and two part-time medical Officers.
- It has a pathological laboratory, an ECG and an X-Ray Unit and four in-patient beds.
- The sophisticated equipment in the lab included an electronic ECG Unit, electronic binocular microscope, electronic BP apparatus with pulse reader and a mini lab with colour inset.
- Computer Centre is a central facility supporting the computing needs of students and staff of various disciplines in the Institute.
- A PC Lan of sixty systems with a variety of latest software applications from Microsoft.
- A LAN of 16 Engineering Workstations with a SUN ULTRASPARK file server and software.
- PC Hallmark Mini Computers with 32 terminals
- A Campus LAN with two file servers one in the Computer Centre, another in the Institute Library.
- All departments and individual faculty rooms are connected to the LAN.
The IT Lab cum Digital Library:
- The department has well furnished air-conditioned classrooms.
- The entire department has the infrastructure for organizing seminars, management meets, conferences and training programs.
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal houses one of the best libraries in the field of Engineering & Management Sciences.
- It has 1,23,000 books, back volumes, standards etc.
- CMS Library has press clippings, statistical publications, annual reports of top companies and financial monthlies, case studies, working paper, reports, educational videos, CD-ROMs etc.
- The state-of-art library is equipped with DELL (PentiumIV) systems providing access to on-line information i.e., journals, etc.
- Network CD-ROM server with 14 drives expandable to 28 drives installed and networked to 12 multi-media systems and a good CD Library.
Bank & ATM Post Office Shopping Complex Canteen Innovation Centre
- IT Lab is a central facility supporting the computing needs of the students and staff of various disciplines in the institute.
- It maintains the campus LAN services with one file server at the centre and another at the library.
Listed are the top faculty members:
- Prof. N V Umamahesh Head (Civil Engineering)
- Prof. D.M Vinod Kumar Head (Electrical Engineering)
- Prof. K.Madhu Murthy Head (Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. N V S N Sharma Head (Elec. & Comm. Engineering)
- Prof. K.Chandramouli Head (Met. & Mat. Engineering)
- Prof. Y Pydisetty Head (Chemical Engineering)
- Prof.T Ramesh Head (Computer Science Engineering)
- Prof. A R C Reddy Head (Physics)
- Prof. P.Nageswara Rao Head (Chemistry)
- Prof. S.Thiruvenkataswamy Head (Mathematics & Humanities)
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Deemed University), formerly known as Regional Engineering College (REC), was established in 1959 by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- The Institute is well known for its dedicated faculty and staff, state-of-the-art infrastructure and excellent placement.
- NITW is located on a site of 248 acres
- The institute is well-known for its Research and Development, Industrial consultancy, Continuing education and Training programmes for teachers and industrial personnel
- Centre for Value Education
- Centre for Educational Technology
The National Institute of Technology, Warangal offers
- Merit based Scholarships
- Sponsored Scholarships
NIT Warangal has signed MOU s with the following companies.
- Central Power Research Institute, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad
- Sky e IT Solutions Private Limited, Hyderabad
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Hyderabad
- Warangal Municipal Corporation, Warangal
- Infosys Limited, Bangalore
- The Lakshya Foundation, Warangal
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited, Hyderabad
- Software Technology Park of India, Hyderabad
- Center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Bangalore
- CNR, CHennai
- Effexoft Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL), Hyderabad
- FutureNow Innosoft Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Helsinki University of Technology, University of Oulu, Tampere University of Technology and The University of Tampere, Finland
- IBM India Limited, Bangalore
- International Advanced Research Centre for Power Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad
- International Foundation for Enterpreneurship, Science and Technology (IFEST), USA
- Jayaprakash Narayan College of Engineering,Dharmapur, Mahabubnagar
- National Academy of Construction (NAC), Hyderabad
- Nonferrous Materials Technology Development Centre, Hyderabad
- Rresarch Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad
- Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Texas A&M Agrilife Research University, USA
- Appolo Computing Laboratory Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI)