- Autonomous university
- Set up as a not-for-profit Public Private Partnership (N-PPP) model
- Accredited at Grade A by NAAC
- Experienced faculty
- World class infrastructure
- Recommended as a premier research institution in India by the USNational Science Foundation
- IIIT-H offers placement to students and ensures that all students get placement in top companies.
- IIIT, Hyderabad is one of the few engineering schools in the country to have a large number of R&D collaborations with the domestic industry, and most research linkages with the leading technology universities overseas.
- Students undergo thorough training in the theoretical and practical aspects of various areas of computer science and information technology, and acquire proficiency in a wide range of the latest software and hardware technologies.
Top Recruiting Companies
Top recruiters include:
- Accenture Services
- Royal Education Society
- IBM (ISL)
- Blue Star Infotech
- SpikeSource Software
- Citrix R&D India
- Cummins Group
- Teradata India
- nVidia (Bangalore)
- Yahoo! India R & D
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked Top 6 among Universities in South Asia, in terms of research papers on the Internet, in a survey held every three years, by Cybermetric Lab, Spains largest public research institution. (Oct 2009)
- Ranked Top 5 overall and Top 1 in campus placement, among all technology schools in the country, including the IITs, by Dataquest, Indias leading IT publication,in2011
- Figured consistently among top 10 overall and among top 5 on placement, among all engineering colleges in India, including the IITs,for 6 years, since 2006, in surveys by Dataquest.
- IIIT-H is a residential institute and it is compulsory for all students to stay on campus.
- Separate hostels for boys and girls are available on-campus with basic facilities. All the hostel rooms are networked and internet enabled.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
IIIT-H campus is spread over 66 acres of land on the main Gachibowli road. It offers following facilities to students which includes:
- Digital library
- Dining facility
Below are the top faculty members at IIHT, Hyderabad:
- Narendra Ahuja (PhD, University of Maryland)
- Vineet Chaitanya (IIT, Kanpur)
- Dr. P Anandan (Microsoft Research, India Managing Director)
- Ashok Jhunjhunwala (IIT, Madras)
- Kesav V Nori Chief Information Officer TCS)
- Dr. M Vidyasagar (Executive Vice President TCS)
- Established in 1998, The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H) is an autonomous institute based in Hyderabad. It was the first IIIT to be set up under not-for-profit public private partnership (N-PPP) model.
- The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H) is an autonomous university founded in 1998. It was set up as a not-for-profit public private partnership (N-PPP) and is the first IIIT to be set up (under this model) in India.Formerly.
- It was set up as a research university which focused on the core areas of Information Technology, such as Computer Science, Electronics and Communications, and their applications in other domains.
- It offers conducive learning environment which gives promotion to culture, sports, societal contributions, art, self-governance and human values and other co-curricular activities.
Given below are the academic partners:
- Keane School of Excellence
- Oracle School of Advanced Software Technology
- Motorola School of Communication Technology
- Satyam School of Applied Information Systems
- Institute for Electronic Governance (IEG)
- Consortium of Institutions of Higher Learning
- Digital Library India
- Prithvi's young technologists
- CanSat is a NASA sponsored and American Astronautical Society organized annual international competition. The contest allows student teams, from colleges and Universities around the world, to design, fabricate, and launch an aerospace system (CanSat). IIIT-H has been has been the only team from India to qualify for World Finals, each time, since 2009
- 36th Annual ACM ICPC World Finals, Warsaw, Pola - Only Indian college to qualify for World Finals, for fourth time in a row
- Best performance by an Indian team in ICPC history (co-shared with IIT Delhi)