Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women University (SNDT), Mumbai was started by Maharishi Dr Dhondo Keshav Karve in 1916. The first graduating batch of 5 women passed from the University in 1921. The University has a total of 26 colleges of which 11 are under graduate, 38 post graduate departments & 11 faculties. It is recognized by UGC, Ministry of Human Resource & Development (Govt. of India) & Government of Maharashtra. It is also accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) & National Portal of India.
- Scocial Science
- Fine Art
- Home Science
- Library & Information Science
- Management Studies
- SNDT CET (All India level Common Entrance Test) conducted by SNDT college
- PhD entrance test (PET) conducted by SNDT college
- Gender and Ageing – A Critical Examination of the Policies and Programs in India on the Problems of Elderly Women
- Analysis of Gender Budgeting for Maharashtra
- Gender Development and Gender Empowerment for the Human Development Report, 2000 for Maharashtra
- Integrating Reproductive Health and Rights in the Context of Health Sector Reforms
Library – Study material in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujrati & Sanskrit is available. It has a collection particularly rich in Social Sciences, Gandhiana, Women’s studies, Arts, Literature, Nursing, Education, and Library & Information Science.
E – Resources include content from; Cambridge University Press, EMERALD, JCCC, JSTOR, SPRINGER LINK, INDEST CONSORTIUM, IET DIGITAL LIBRARY and much more.
Co – Curricular Activities
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) – Its main task is to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions
- Vidyarthi Sahitya Sammelan
- Alumni Association of Sanskrit
- UGC sponsored One day state level Seminar on Nuclear medicine & Healthcare
- Department of Student Welfare, Churchgate – It organizes Inter collegiate Youth festivals consisting of 28 events based on Indian culture & National Integration at Religions, Tejaswini, Leadership programs etc
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- Comp Labs