Priyadarshini Indira Gandhi College of Engineering (PIGCE), Nagpur, was established in 2008 with an aim of creating the best professionals so as to change the interface of engineering and technology by providing proper platform and industrially tailored programs. PIGCE is endorsed and empowered by the Lokmanya Tilak Jankalyan Shikshak Sanstha, and remarks recognition from AICTE, Government of Maharashtra and enduringly conglomerated by Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. The college offers Bachelor of Engineering courses in several branches of Basic Science and Humanities, Engineering, IT and Computer Sciences.
- The "Department of Training & Placement" of the college dedicates for enriching index of placement of students.
- The department has a unique framework to welcome innovative ideas and hence to analyze strengths and weaknesses of the students.
- It works with the joint efforts and contributions by one and all departments.
- It organizes various programs at regular intervals for honing soft skills and improving overall personality of the students.
- The Department is equipped with all audio-visual facilities for assisting in campus activities by the visiting corporate executives.
- The campus interview with prospective employers are regularly arranged for the placement of students from all branches.
- These include Public and Private Sector Organizations, Multi National Companies and Govt. Organizations.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Tech Mahindra.
- KPIT Cummins.
- Global Logic.
- WIPRO BPO
- ABC Telecom.
- SEE TECH Solution.
and many more...
- They have 5 hostels for 650 boys and 3 hostels for 350 girls with well furnished airy rooms, mess and all amenities.
- Recreation Room
- Sports Room
- Water Purifier
- Hot Water Facility
- Parking facility
- Telephone & Internet facility
- Safety & Security
- Discipline & Care
- Bus facility
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Independent elegant building with excellent reading room enabling hundreds of students to read simultaneously in conductive atmosphere.
- A well equipped multimedia section with sophisticated computers, scanner, printer and internet connectivity is available for students.
- Over 50,000 books worth Rs. 2.5 Crores on 180 specialized subjects, 120 Journals, online Journals and periodicals of National and International repute. A special reference section exists separately for higher technical studies besides multimedia packages and internet access.
- Sports setup of PCE includes:
- Gymnasium equipped with modern equipment.
- Olympic standard Swimming pool.
- Indoor Stadium - with 3 Badminton courts, Table tennis, Chess, Carrom.
- 400 meter jogging track.
- Basket ball clay court.
- Volley ball court.
- Lawn Tennis Court
- Cricket ground with turf wicket.
- Hockey, Football ground
- The college has an independent canteen building in the campus here separate seating arrangement exists for students and the employee.
- There is a coffee counter in the canteen premises for benefit of students. Apart from this, two coffee kiosk being run nearly library building for the students and staff.
- Canteen Area : 613.19 Sqr.mtr.
- Seating Capacity : 200 Persons
- A Techcity - Campuswide Networking
- All computers connected to a Layer 3 switch.
- Fiber Optic back-bone with 12 servers.
- 2 MBPS leased line (Radio Link) for internet connectivity.
- Linux based FTP server and Mail Server.
- The college has 4 Busses with 52 person seating capacity each for student transportation from various hostels and city area to the college campus.
- 3 LMVs with 8 person seating capacity for Administrative work.
- Apart from these facilities, the city bus service is available up to the college campus from the central location of the city.
Post office, Banks and ATM
- The college has an air conditioned auditorium with a built up area of 176.81 sqm.
- The seating capacity is about 200 persons.
- Various Activities of the students are conducted in the auditorium.
- Post Office
- The post office is located in the adjoining campus of CRPF.
- The college has signed an agreement with DTDC Courier and Cargo Ltd. for daily courier services.
- The college has an ATM of Punjab National Bank in the college campus for benefit of students as well as employee.
- During peak activity periods, a cashier from the bank is also called upon to seat in the college premises and open a counter to receive various fees from the students so that they are not required to visit bank.
- STD PCO booth is available in the college campus.
- Stationary shop and the Photo Copy facility are available in the college campus.
- Power Suplly Backup:
- All the Computer Center has backup with Un-interrupted Power Suppy.
- College has specious power house located in the campus.
- It has two diesel generators of 140 KVA and 125 KVA are connected with three phases through which power supply is distributed to all buildings.
- Similarly, generator with capacity of 45 KVA are installed at each hostel.
- First Aid facility is available in each department.
- The college avails the Medical services from Lata Mangeshkar Hospital (Multi-specialty Hospital) located in front of the College Campus.
- A Medical Officer visits the college campus regularly. A Psychologist and Gynecologist visits the college campus once in a week for counseling and checking to students.
- Mrs. B. Dharaskar
- Mr. N.M.Shelke
- Dr. A. R. Panat
and many more...
- Priyadarshini Indira Gandhi College of Engineering (PIGCE) was established in 2008 with a single-minded aim of giving students a perfect platform to build their future in the field of engineering.
- PIGCE is promoted by the Lokmanya Tilak Jankalyan Shikshak Sanstha.
- The college goal is to provide academic excellence and overall personal growth.
- This is achieved by conducting regular examinations, providing excellent infrastructure and above all, with the presence of dedicated and highly qualified, faculty members, who strive in ensuring the all round development of the professionals emerging from this institute.
- As a human being & involved in noble profession of shaping the brains of the future of mankind, I attempt to encourage honesty, simplicity & creativity through technical, social & administrative experimentation with adequate homework & risk management planning.
- This ensures to my institute & the concerned stake holders, a high probability of comprehensive growth with surety of successful, peaceful & purposeful life ahead.
Dr. A. R. Panat
- Arranging Soft Skill Programs for students.
- Arranging Summer / Project / Industrial Training for the students of the Institute.
- Arranging Guest-lectures by executives from Industries.
- Organizing pre-placement talks for students by experts, executives and consultancy agencies.
- Arranging Mock Interviews for students.
- Organizing seminars, lectures and group discussions for motivating students participations and preparing them for GATE, GRE, TOFEL and other state and central competitive examinations.
- Arranging personality development activities for students.
- Assisting students in their efforts for pursuing higher education.