- Approved by AICTE, DG Shipping Govt. of India
- ISO 9001-2008 certified
- Accredited by "IRQS"
- 1st Private Institute in India to train DECK and ENGINE cadets under one roof
- Excellent infrastructure for training facilities backed by a committed Management and Staff
- Equipped with the latest shipboard working instrumentation
- State of art infrastructure
- Fully equipped marine workshops make it fully equipped private Institute in India having full marine workshop training facilities. Deck cadets are also required to undergo some basic workshop training.
Top Recruiting Companies
Following shipping companies have been taking our cadets or have taken in the past.
- NOL - Singapore
- PIL - Singapore
- Egon Oldendorff - Germany
- Eurasia - Hong Kong
- Chellaram Shipping - Hong Kong
- MSC - Hong Kong
- Univan - Hong Kong
- Elite Mariners - Mumbai
- World Tankers - Hong Kong
- United Ocean Shipmgmt - Japan
- Anglo Eastern - Hong Kong
- Gee Pee Shipping - Mumbai
- V-ships - Monte Carlo
- Fleet Management - Hong Kong
- Tanker Pacific - Singapore
- Dole Shipping - Costa Rica
- Amar Shipping - London U.K
Rankings & Awards
- First private Institute graded by ICRA as "Very Good and High Quality" by Investment Information & Credit Rating Agency
- First Maritime Institute to get AICTE approval for its 4-year B. Tech. (Marine Engineering) degree programme
Boarding and Lodging:
- Fully residential programme (except for HND courses) lodging facilities for the cadets comprise of well-designed rooms/dormitories with a night warden and one executive officer on duty to maintain discipline
- Food served is of mixed cuisine to help the cadets get accustomed to various types of food preparations. The diet is well balanced and the food is wholesome
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Workshop and Laboratory:
Ship Handling and Engine Simulators:
- Well-designed and fully equipped Workshops are provided for engineering and nautical cadet
- The workshops are equipped with lathe machines, shaping machines, milling machines, welding and gas cutting equipment, plumbing and carpentry equipment, bench and pipe fitting equipment, electric and electronic controls, refrigeration machinery, hydraulics and pneumatics trainer, Diesel shop, Auxiliary, etc., have been set up at Greater Noida, to impart in-house training to cadets in the use of various machines and equipment.
- Equipped with the latest shipboard working instrumentation and maritime teaching systems and a marine workshop, the institute maintains a close liaison with the maritime industry
- The Nautical cadets are given hands on training for steering practice on the Bridge simulator besides functioning of Navigation equipment like Radar, Echo Sounder, and Electronic Charts Display is demonstrated to supplement the theory with practical.
- Engine Simulator is used to simulate on-board scenarios and functioning of various ships machinery for engineering cadets to reinforce theory.
- Well-equipped Library with technical books on all related subjects and a recreational Library with best sellers for cadet's reading pleasure. Text books are provided to the cadets which must be returned on completion of the course. Cadets must buy their own stationary.
- IMI is the realization of collective dreams
- In 1991, 12 eminent professionals from the maritime fraternity determined to pool together resources, expertise and long broad-based maritime experience to establish an institution in response to the severe manpower shortage facing the shipping industry worldwide. A training school for seagoing cadets was a long felt need in the north of India from where 60-70% of the seafaring manpower hails and IMI was born a unique training institution geared to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Today's seafarer must be honed in his skills in an increasingly complex and commercial shipping environment. The IMO, ISO, ISM and STCW regulations underline quality training and certification of sea personnel for safer ships. The advent of shipboard automation, electronics and satellites has resulted in the demand for personnel of high caliber to man modern ships- a demand far outpacing supply. This makes the task of training institutions more exacting and precise.
- Justifiably takes pride in excellent reputation for quality training. Equipped with the latest shipboard working instrumentation and maritime teaching systems and a marine workshop, the institute maintains a close liaison with the maritime industry. It is an effort to respond readily to the industry changing needs and demands, with courses being developed and upgraded constantly.
- An excellent infrastructure for training facilities backed by a committed Management and Staff, and a serene ambience that offers the most conducive learning environment for Merchant navy personnel, make it a leading marine institution at par with the best in the world.
- What gives cadets a decided edge over others is their high proficiency in English, good education and family background reinforced with uncompromising standards in disciplined training. In addition today ship-owners are on the lookout for smart, motivated boys able to work under every circumstance and to adapt to the harsh conditions at sea.
- To Impart Maritime Training and Education Conforming to Highest International Standards (IMO) thereby fulfilling the national as well as international requirements and the needs of the Shipping Industry
- The dedicated and experienced family is fully committed to achieve excellence in the quality objectives set by the Board and Management based on continuously upgrading and improving the existing systems leading to safer ships and a cleaner environment.
- A career at sea is both arduous and rewarding. It offers a high level of job satisfaction; a wide experience and challenging work environment. Experienced Mariners are in great demand in various shore assignments because of their ability to handle all types of jobs, their resourcefulness, sense of responsibility and ability to work under most demanding circumstances.