- India's premier institute for cinema studies
- Best and world class Film and Television Studios
- Member of CILECT
- An autonomous body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India
- Experienced faculty
- Highly professional environment
- Alumni includes Sanjay Leela Bhansali, David Dhawan, Adoor Gopalkrishnan, Rajkumar Hirani and others
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked 4th in Media Films and Mass Communication category as per Outlook survey in the year 2008.
- There are a number of memorial awards instituted by individuals or trusts.
Has separate hostels for both boys and Girls
HOSTEL FEE DETAILS:
- Admission fee, Games fee, Medical fee, Internet charges, Library fee, Student's Association Membership - 1550/- Per Year
- Library Deposit - 2,500/- One Time
- Security Deposit - 10,000/- One Time
- Hostel admission, Hostel reading room - 400/-Per Year
- Hostel Rent - 12,000/- for 3 year PG diploma course P.Y.15,000/- for all other courses P.Y.
- Electricity & Water - 1,500/- Per Year
- Hostel Deposit - 2,500/- One Time
- Mess Deposit - 2,000/- One Time
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Some of the special features of infrastructure at FTII includes:
- A computer laboratory
- Easy access to students for Books, Films and Video Library
- Excellent collection of books related to film, television, theatre, fine arts,arts,literature
- Modern video editing facilities
- Two Television studios - Studio I & II - of dimensions 60 ft X 40 ft X 22 ft and 50 ft X 40 ft X 22 ft fitted with modern facilities
- Ultimate chrome-keyer
- Sports and Games Facilities
- Full-fledged Graphics Department
Film and Television Institute of India faculty includes :
- Dr. Kedarnath Awati
- Shri. Sandeep Chatterjee
- Shri. K.G. Soman
- Shri. Thivakaran T.
- Shri. K. Rajasekaran
- Shri. Ashwin Ramanathan
- Shri. R.N. Pathak
- Shri. Ashwin B. Sonone
- Miss Jafri Sana
- Established in the year 1960,
- Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), was previously set up on erstwhile Prabhat Studio premises at Pune. Thereafter, FTII emerged as a full-fledged centre for Cinema, and still rules as the centre for film studies.
- Through its quality education and a professional environment, Film and Television Institute has earned a special rapport not only in India but also in Asia and Europe.
- The Television Wing of FTII, previously located at the Mandi House, New Delhi, shifted to the Institute campus at Pune, so as merge together training in film and television under a common roof.
- The wing of the institute was primarily concerned with conducting in-service training to personnel from Doordarshan.
Film and Television Institute of India offers a limited number of scholarships to deserving students in:
- Three year Diploma courses in Film and Television
- One Year Certificate Course in Television
Alumni at FTII
FTII has produced some of the well known and award winning personalities. Some of these are as follows:
- Adoor Gopalakrishnan
- Mahesh Bhatt
- Santosh Sivan
- Shaji N. Karun
- Mukesh Khanna
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra
- Balu Mahendra
- Rajkumar Hirani
- David Dhawan
- Mani Kaul
- Jaya Krishna Gummadi
- Girish Kasaravalli
- Subhash Ghai
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Kumar Shahani