- Bestows first rate Infrastructure
- Frequent interaction with Kirloskar Group executives, factory visits, etc
- Delivers Industry focused curriculum
- Centralized placement for KIAMS Pune and Harihar campus
- Boasts full Placement Track record
- Highly dexterous and experienced Faculty
- Easily accessible to industry executives for guest lectures
Management Development Programmes and Consultancies
Listed below are some additional details pertaining to the institute that would provide students a better idea about the institute :
- Started: 1991
- Number of programmes conducted: over 450
- Number of Companies participated: All Kirloskar Group Companies plus 75 other companies
- Number of executives trained: over 9000
- Types of programmes: Both in-house and open programmes for managers at all levels. Residential programmes on the Harihar campus.
The value embellishments of the programme bestowed to the students at this institute are listed below:
- The alliance with the Kirloskar Group companies enables PGDM students to have hands-on experience as well as link theory to practice.
- Executive training programmes provides a platform for practicing managers, academics and professionals to meet, interact and exchange concepts, ideas, and experiences in different fields of management.
- PGDM Students benefit by interacting with these participants and experts.
- Courses such as International Business Management, International Finance, and International Trade provide a platform for the students to strengthen their understanding of managing in the global context.
Beyond Classroom Learning
KIAMS very well endows its students with opportunities and prospects to obtain and acquire some beyond classroom learning. To name a few:
Convergence (In- House Management Activity)
- A Student Body with the objective of exposing students to management-by doing. It provides a competitive forum for students to show-case their management acumen.
- The Forum conducts two major events every year.
Operacy (All India Paper Writing Competition)
- Spread out over the year to give scope to talent to unfurl itself. It is like the sports and cultural activities, which are also conducted over the year.
Chanakya (Campus Newsletter)
- The annual All India competition that involves the Brain (paper writing competition) and the Brawn (outdoor competition). This is open to students of other B-Schools as well as young managers (not more than 3 years experience) from industry. Last year the competition saw an overwhelming response from 150 B-schools and from 30 corporates.
- The Forum also provides opportunities to the students to participate in Management Events of other B-Schools
The Institute s newsletter, published 5 times a year. It is purely students effort to provide a platform to writers from diverse fields to discuss & propagate their management and current business related knowledge and wisdom to our readers, who are in corporate or aspire to enter that world. Chanakya unleashes the creativity of students and harnesses it to inculcate the art of writing for the managers of tomorrow. Chanakya contains:
Pragati (Rural Marketing Fair)
- Articles on emerging trends in management
- Emerging fields in business world and career opportunities in them
- General awareness on activities of various brands
- Contributions from Alumni and faculty
- Contributions from students
- Events in KIAMS
Through Pragati students are able to :
- An annual rural marketing fair organised entirely by the students of KIAMS.
- Provides a unique opportunity for the corporate houses to introduce, promote and sell their products, brands and services.
- The only mega rural commercial event of its kind held in this part of Karnataka.
- Pragati 2010 received a huge response from establishments in Bangalore, Davanagere and Harihar. Over 10 companies participated in Pragati 2010 and the fair attracted nearly 100000 people from Harihar, Davanagere and the surrounding districts.
Kalasanchay (Cultural Committee)
- Hone their Event Management Skills
- Create a Rural Database that provides companies with information regarding levels of consumer awareness and the trends in rural Karnataka.
- Learn people management skill, financing the event through sponsorship, and even crisis management.
Ashwamedha (Sports Committee) The sports committee plays an essential in the holistic development of a student s personality. It does this by:
- The cultural arm of KIAMS provides the platform for demonstration of talents outside the classroom.
- Aims at the all round development of a student s personality by giving them a platform to exhibit their talents.
- Holds cultural programmes which members of the institute as well as local invitees attend.
- Celebrates major festivals from all over India to bring the students closer to one another and learn to appreciate different cultures.
- Involving students in different games and activities to enhance the joy of work. Evening Sports are away of life.
- Organising a grand end-of-the-year sports competition for both batches.
- Organising welcome trips to tourist locations close to Harihar during term breaks.
- The placement group at KIAMS is highly active and dedicated towards their work.
It is due to their very efforts that students from this institute are being placed at top leading organizations all across the world. The placement team at the university comprises of:
- Placement Executive
- Office In-charge - Placements and four members from the student community
The very placement portal at the institute plays a vital role in associating the organizations with the institute. Moreover, it also provides assistance to the corporate clients of the institute.
Top Recruiting Companies
Many top-notch companies with great salary packages have been recruiting students from institute. Listed below are some of their prominent names :
- Ashok Leyland
- Hindusthan Uniliver
- Price Water Coopers
- Berger Paints
- MTR Foods
- Drshti Strategic Research
- SBI Life Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
- FAFOI Management Consultants
- GVK Bio Science
- Ikya Human Capital
- Future Group
Rankings & Awards
- KIAMS has acquired "A++" ranking by Business India B-School survey
- Ranked 28th among best private B-Schools in India by Career 360
- Ranked AAA+ among best B-Schools in South India
- Ranked 58th in All India B-Schools Survey by Outlook
KIAMS is fully residential campus with excellent hostel infrastructure for Boys and Girls
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- The infrastructure and teaching facilities endowed to the students at KIAMS is outstanding.
- The institute has always believed in advancing state-of-the-art infrastructure and quality teaching facilities to its novices.
- Be it providing air conditioned classrooms or advancing hi-tech computer labs, it has always excelled in its purpose.
The below mentioned points would give you an idea about the unparalleled edifices provided to the students at two of KIAMS's most sorted out branches.
The institute's Pune campus is situated in lush green surroundings amidst small hills. It is easily accessible from both Mumbai and Pune city.
The campus is being completed and when finished will boast of the following:
- 24-hour electricity
- Air-conditioned classrooms, with complete audio-visual aids built in
- Library which will be build up with contemporary collection of books, periodicals and newspapers, company annual reports, Case studies from reputed sources,
- management CDs and videos
- Computer Lab with 30 networked computers and internet facility, multimedia projection system which alternates between video and computer inputs at the flick of a button, and much more.
- Video conferencing, which enhances the reach of the campus globally.
Sports and Health Facilities
- Indoor: Table Tennis, Gymnasium, Carrom, Chess
- Outdoor facilities to be designed Daily visit by Doctor, excellent medical facilities at within 5 kms
- Executive style twin-sharing, with telephone connection in each room
- Modern Kitchen and Dining Hall
- Dr. Gopal Iyengar, Director
- Dr. Janaki Naik, Director
- Prof. Mahesh R Revankar
- Dr. V. S. Pai, Professor
- Prof. E Anand
- The existence of Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies (KIAMS) can be traced back to the year 1991.
- The institute was established in Harihar by the Kirloskar group to turn the illustrious leader, Mr. Kirloskar's dreams into actions.
- A highly reputed personality of the Indian industry, he is a creative thinker who possesses the drive and the determination to accomplish one's vision. KIAMS is acknowledged as a premier institute that has tracked excellence in education through it PGDM programme. The other activities of this institute includes:
- Management Development Programs
- Training and Consultancy for Industry
- Academic research and conferences
- An AICTE approved institution; KIAMS has made a mark in the field of executive education in the nation. It has further endeavored into training and guiding young minds in high quality management education to meet the managerial needs of the country
- . Persuaded by its alumni's success in the very industry, KIAMS has established its second campus in Pune from August 2010 and is AICTE approved.
- Realizing the need for nurturing managerial and organizational excellence from a liberal point of view of the Indian economy, KIAMS has dedicated itself all to the mission of Management Development in the Kirloskar Group and for other companies.