- Programs in print, television, radio and online/multimedia journalism
- Curriculum developed with the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York.
- 100% Job Placement
- State-of-the-art campus with large classrooms, auditoriums and a sophisticated media lab
- Full-fledged editing suites, independent TV studio and sound engineering center
- As the leading school of journalism in India, it is our priority to ensure excellent placement of students.
- In the past,they have achieved 100% job placement for graduates at attractive salaries.
- The institute guarantees placement to all its students who graduate in first class
Top Recruiting Companies
- CNN IBN
- NDTV Hindu
- CNBC TV18
- Newswire 18
- Times Now
- BIG FM
- Deccan Chronicle
- Times of India
- Indian Express
- Press Association UK
- Star News
- Hindustan Times
- The India Today Group
- Business Standard
- Economic Times
Rankings & Awards
- IIJNM has been consistently ranked among the top ten colleges for higher study of Journalism. These rankings are based on surveys conducted by independent and well-respected bodies
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
IIJNM boasts of a state of the art infrastructure. Some of the salient features of the campus are:
- The campus is in a quiet location free from pollution and noise. It is well connected to the major transport hubs of Bangalore.
- The 30,000-sq.-ft. facility features large classrooms, auditoriums, a sophisticated media lab, library, and conference rooms.
- Each student has a personal computer assigned to them at the beginning of the year and this is connected to a network with high-speed 24 hour access to the Internet.
- Excellent hostel facilities adjoin the campus. The institute offers a convenient and modern residential facility separately for male and female students.
- Kanchan Kaur
- K. S. Dakshina Murthy
- Nagesh Hegde
- Mark Austin
- Charles Lavery
- Surekha Deepak
- Established in the year 2001, the Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media (IIJNM) is one of South Asia's leading post-graduate schools in the field of journalism and media.
- The campus is located in Bangalore, the heart of India's high-tech industry.
- IIJNM offers an excellent curriculum which has been developed in collaboration with the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York.
- It combines both theory and practice to prepare its graduates for positions in the media industry.
- IIJNM runs as an independent institution which is not affiliated with or run by any one newspaper or media organization. Thus, it maintains wider association within the industry. With assistance from the college placement department, our students have access to most media organizations for employment opportunities.
- IIJNM has had 100% placement in the last few years due to industry recognition of the quality of its graduates.
- IIJNM offers programmes in print, television, and multimedia journalism embodying the best practices of the media industry and in media technology. Owing to these factors, the institute is applauded by the media community as among one of the best in journalism study in all of South Asia.