Assam downtown University is situated in the capital city of Guwahati in Assam. The University gets its name from the famous downtown charity trust in Assam which is responsible for the foundation of the University in 2010.
- The campus is spread out over an area of 45 acres of land.
- Assam downtown university is a private university and its goal is to provide for young academics in the North East the kind of vocational training that is so prevalent in other parts of India. Degree programs in engineering, management and even hotel sciences are to be started very soon here.
- In 2010 the University successfully got the permission from A.I.C.T.E.,New Delhi to start programs in Engineering, Management and Phramacy
- Today, the university in its only third year of existence is offering almost 50 programs and has almost 2500 studenst from 10 Indian states as well as neighbouring countries of Butan and Nepal
- It has been recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council tor Technical Education (AICTE), Indian Nursing Council (INC),Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) and Indian Association of Physiotherapy (IAP). Since, its a new University, it will soon approach NAAC for accreditation
- The University has signed MOU with outside agencies like ASPIRE, who train our students regularly on matters like PI, Groups discussions etc. Some of the prominent recruiters of the university include- Apollo Hospitals, Abbot, Itc Ltd., IDBI Bank etc.
Academic Overview: Most of the courses of study at the University are professional courses and are meant to train individuals in being able to lead successful working lives. Degree courses and programs are offered in areas such as:
Both Bachelors as well as Masters level courses are provided for the subjects that have been mentioned above, ensuring the output of well qualified individuals upon graduation.
Facilities: Facilities provided at university are detailed in table below-
- 12,000 sq. ft with over 16000 books and journals
- 5 mbps dedicated lease line; 400+ computers
- 80 classrooms
- 12 seminar halls
- One 350 seater auditorium
- One 400 seater AC auditorium
- 30 engineering laboratory
- 4000 sq. feet engineering workshop
- 10 nursing laboratory
- 12 allied Health sciences laboratory
The campus has the support of the teaching hospital on campus. The hospital has the following services-
- Radiography with x-Ray, CT Scan, Ultrasound
- A full fleged medical laboratory
- The hospital also has a daily OPD functioning on campus
- 800 seater (500 for Boys and 300 for Girls)
- A scholarship of 10% discount on semester fees is provided for students who score seventy to 80% in their board examinations.
- A scholarship of 25% reduction on semester fees is provided for students who score between eight and ninety percent marks in their boards
- A scholarship of 50% discount on the semester fees is provided for students who score more than ninety percent in board exams.
- Comp Labs