- Extensive industry participation in curriculum and class-room activities
- Vibrant academic and extra-curricular activities
- A growing city of Hyderabad with access to world-class business
- Focus on current trends of the industry for course development and placements
Some Important Links
- IMT-H Campus blog : http://imt-hyderabad.blogspot.in/
- Facebook link : https://www.facebook.com/IMThyderabad
Corporate Resource Center
- IMT Hyderabad has a Corporate Resource Center (CRC) manned by a dedicated professional placement team.
- This team of professionals while servicing the primary objective of placing students helps the corporate citizens in their talent search process.
- The CRC officers have two major responsibilities - Career Counselling and Recruiter Relations.
- As part of the Career Counselling, they prepare the students for effective career search through individual counselling.
- The CRC helps the students in mapping their skill levels using appropriate tests.
- This enables students to identify areas for improvement.
- In collaboration with the faculty members the CRC also organizes workshops for students to improve their employability skills.
- As part of Recruiter Relations, they systematically search across sectors and industries, zeroing in on job opportunities for students and establishing necessary contacts.
- They also facilitate the extensive on-campus interview processes and conduct rigorous follow-ups.
- The recruiting team from companies are appropriately guided about the institutional mechanisms with reference to the placement process.
- First batch placed in some of the cutting edge industries like analytics and investment banking
- 52 companies participated in the process.
- Al- Mazro, a Riyadh -based Health and Wellness firm, made the highest offer of INR 14.50 lakhs to two students for Senior Management profiles at international locations.
- The highest salary offered was INR 14.5 lakhs and the average salary for the batch is INR 6.2 lakhs.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Samsung India,
- Ashok Leyland,
- TVS Sons,
- Ogawa International,
- Coffee Day Beverages,
- HT Media,
- Tata Projects,
- Ceasefire Industries Limited,
- Tech Mahindra,
- HDFC Limited,
- Yes Bank,
- Magma Fincorp,
- Kotak Mahindra Bank,
- Futures First,
- Mahindra & Mahindra Finance,
- S & P Capital IQ
- SBI Capital
and many more...
- IMT Hyderabad's PGDM programs are residential in nature and all the students are required to stay in hostel.
- Currently IMT Hyderabad has two hostel blocks with 180 rooms each.
- All the hostel rooms are single occupancy, fully furnished and have internet connectivity.
- Apart from the basic amenities and required security, the hostels also have recreational, sports and gym facilities.
- The institute provides medical assistance to the students through the medical center.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- State of the art campus on 2 Lakh sq.ft of built-up area on 30 acres of land
- Very close to the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Shamshabad)
- Beuatifully landscaped and serene location
- IMT Hyderabad has an academic block, a library building, dining halls, hostels, faculty housing and seven water bodies for water harvesting.
- A sports complex with cricket ground, football ground, basketball court, tennis court and badminton courts is being built.
- The academic block will house nine lecture theatres, eleven flat classrooms, 55 faculty offices, IT labs with more than 100 systems, administrative offices, meeting rooms, conference halls and an open air amphi-theatre with a capacity of nearly 300.
- IMT Hyderabad has two hostel blocks with 180 rooms each (single occupancy), fully furnished and have internet connectivity
- Wi-Fi enabled IMT Hyderabad campus boasts of world class IT infrastructure
- IMT Hyderabad has academic alliance with SAP University, Microsoft and SAS. The classrooms are equipped with Wi-Fi enabled projectors, Smart Boards and Learning Management Systems.
- Electronic databases as well as large and well equipped Library
- Established in 1980 Institute of Management Technology is a premier institute which offers education in the field of management and technology.
- IMT's philosophy is 'Lead the future', it not only orchestrates creation of leaders but also inculcates in them the capability to learn and adapt to dynamic international and national business scenarios.
- IMT continues to contribute to the ever changing education scenario in the country and keeps a curriculum abreast with the global corporate and economic trends.
- Not only leaders IMT strives to create thought leaders who eventually will drive the businesses towards competitiveness, sustainability, success and glory.
- IMT has four strategically located fully residential state of art campuses in Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Dubai for regular programmes and one campus for distance learning based in Ghaziabad.
- Superior infrastructure, latest technology and above all highly qualified faculty to make it a world class business institution.
- Offers a wide range of full-time and part-time Post-Graduate Programmes in Management with a choice of specialisation in Finance, Marketing, Information Technology, Operations, Human Resource Management and International Business.
- Apart from these, IMT's doctoral level programmes aim to train students, professionals and teachers in various disciplines of management technology.
- IMT is a thriving hub of knowledge creation and dissemination; it enjoys strong industry support which reflects in the quality of placements both national and international.
- IMT has vigorous and purposeful alumni base which adds to the tremendous momentum with which IMT is forging ahead.
PRESIDENT Shri Kamal Nath
Hon'ble Minister of Urban Development and Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of India VICE PRESIDENT
Shri Bakul Nath
Lajpatrai Educational Society MEMBERS
Shri Vijay Mallya
Chairman, UB Group Shri Sanjay Dalmia
MD, GTC Industries Ltd Shri Vikram M. Thapar
Joint Managing Director, Ballarpur Industries Ltd. Shri V. K. Modi
Chairman & MD,
Modi Rubber Ltd. Dr. Ram S. Tarneja
Former Chairman, Bank of India,
Mutual Fund Dr. Subir Choudhary
Former Director, IIM Calcutta Prof. Amitava Bose
Former Director, IIM Calcutta Dr. Bibek Banerjee
Director, IMT Ghaziabad Dr. Rajendra Nargundkar
Director, IMT Nagpur Dr. Janakiraman Moorthy
Director, IMT Dubai Dr. V.Panduranga Rao
Director, IMT Hyderaba
Dr. Archana Pillai
The education processes at IMT Hyderabad are not just innovative and contemporary but also dynamic enough to prepare you for the changing times in the global economy. Coursework and pedagogy are rigorously debated, discussed and designed to make a student push not just his frontiers of knowledge but also make the learning process exciting, fun and a lot diverse. In Economics, students have read best sellers, debated on current issues in the macro context, done role plays and discussed case studies extensively. Endeavor at IMT Hyderabad is to inculcate leadership values in the young minds in every possible way.
Dr. Romina Mathew
Academic assignments. These teams are guided by the notions that students can often do as a group what they cannot do by themselves and that students can benefit from peer teaching, discussions and comments from their course mates. Besides ensuring peer learning, these learning teams are a useful means to develop competencies like team working, creativity, initiative, multitasking, responsibility, conflict management and leadership.
Dr. Nitin Gupta
The faculty team at IMT Hyderabad understands the importance of long term association between industry and academia for developing well-groomed business leaders of tomorrow. As a result, our endeavor has been to enrich the pedagogical approach with continuous corporate interaction. This approach would not only lead to the relevant value addition to our students, but would also provide the corporate world the much needed business leadership that is absolutely essential to handle the innumerable challenges being faced by businesses.
Dr. Nikhil Rastogi
The Social Responsibility club inculcates in students a sense of responsibility to their immediate environment. It reminds them that in a sustainable society one must strive as much to give as to get. The events conducted by the club make the students aware about the broader issues facing the society and create in them a feeling of contributing to the society.
Alumni - IMT, Hyderabad
It was only after joining IMT Hyderabad that I actually first discovered my interest in Analytics. With the wide range of subjects being offered, students had the opportunity to get a taste of various fields and the freedom to finally pursue the field you are interested in. My interest in analytics was further strengthened by the 18-week internship at Denuo Source which was arranged by IMT Hyderabad.
Such a long time span dedicated to the IIP, gave me an opportunity to gather immense experience in the field of analytics for a student. I could now understand the real time implementation of the techniques that were taught in the classrooms with a business perspective. The events turned out such that I was offered a pre-placement offer and I am currently working with the same organization
Udit Luthur (Batch 2011-13)
As the memoirs of IMT visit me every now and then, it is only after passing out that one realises the worth of his alma mater and all the learning carried forward. The early morning classes, group discussions on current affairs, role plays and every activity conducted seemed to play a part in the professional course. I really offer my gratitude and thanks to the wonderful faculty that we were fortunate to have and whose teachings and deliverance we remember at every step in life ahead. My specialization being Major in Finance with 5 Marketing electives, my job profile seemed to be tailor made for me. From calculating cash flows to profit and loss accounts to business development to branding & advertising, it requires a blend of both Finance and Marketing courses which I had taken up. With my passion towards entrepreneurship, it requires me to behave as an individual entity starting up an organization from scratch and establish it. The roller coaster journey for 2 years at IMT and getting branded for life was indeed an experience worth the while which shall be cherished forever.
Arjun Chaudhuri (Batch 2011-13)
In a short period of time, IMT Hyderabad has built strong industry goodwill. The institute engages with members of the corporate world at several levels:
- Advice in course and curriculum development
- Co-delivering courses along with the faculty members
- Consulting projects and research opportunities
- Guiding students on projects
Practitioners and business leaders play an integral part in course development and delivery at IMT Hyderabad. This is to ensure that the courses being offered are relevant and updated to meet the current as well as future needs of the business world.
At IMT Hyderabad, 25-30% of every course is delivered by senior executives from corporate world and the rest is delivered by the faculty member in-charge. This approach of practitioner involvement in development and delivery of courses has several advantages:
- The students get enhanced practical knowledge.
- Facilitation in mentorship program, a program where experienced industry professionals would mentor students in their career choices, project selections, specialization areas etc.
- Provision for the students and institute with opportunities to network with the professionals and forge long term relationships with the practitioners and the companies they have associations with.
Some of the speakers/practitioners were:
Dr. AnamikaBasu (Learning & Development Manager, Unisys Hyderabad)
Dr. VenugopalJarugumalli (Research and Analytics Manager, HP India)
Mr. Ganesh Balakrishnan (Partner, Deloitte)
Mr. KiranYanamandra (Treasury Manager, Dr. Reddys Labs)
Mr. Rahul Gautam (Vice President, Religare Capital Markets)
Mr. SreedharVemuri (Vice President & Head of Operations, Deutsche Bank)
Dr. RadhikaMeenakshi Shankar (Co-Founder, Wise Owl Consulting)
Mr. AmitBoni (Senior Manager, Sales and Operations Strategy, Motorola)
Mr. ChirantanChatterjee (Director-Virtusa, Virtusa)
Mr. DhavalVakharia (VP Finance, Avendus PE Investment Advisors)
Dr. GolakaC. Nath (Sr. Vice President, TheClearing Corporation of India Ltd.)
Mr. KKP Srinivas (Head of Information Governance & Management, Novartis India (P) Ltd
Mr. SiddharthMerathia (Corporate Legal-Tata Steel, Tata Steel)
Mr. Y.S.Gupta (Head Treasury, Axis Bank Ltd)
Ms Uma Rao (Director, People & Organization at Mars International India)
Mr Syed MudassirHussaini (Sr. Manager Financial Research, DE Shaw India Pvt. Ltd.)
Dr. ArunaKoneru (Author & Academician)
Ms.SushmaMarathe (Consulting Director, Brandscapes worldwide)
Mr. Srinivas Reddy (Executive Vice President Human Resources at SKS Microfinance Ltd.)
Mr. PhanindraKuruganty (Co-founder,Edumission India Pvt Ltd and Chief Strategy & Operations, iConcept Pvt Ltd)
Mr Sundeep Mittal (Manager, Accounting & Advisory Services, KPMG, Practice Head for Hyderabad)
Mr Manish Tewari (Assistant Manager, Accounting & Advisory Services, KPMG)
Experience sharing by industry professionals through our practitioner sessions brings great business minds from a wide range of industries and functions.
The Business Orientation Program is another initiative to serve the same purpose. The objectives of the program are:
To make the students aware of the specific industry and business contexts
To provide the students with a platform to interact with business leaders
To help the students identify industry (s)/ sectors/ tracks/ areas of interest so as to guide their choice of projects and courses
The industry professionals associating with us along with their expertise also bring their extensive networks to benefit IMT Hyderabad.
List of CEOs and Business Heads
Mr. S. Sivakumar Food & Agri-Business, CEO, Agri Business Division, ITC
Mr. Anjani Sinha Commodity Markets, MD & CEO, National Spot Exchange
Mr.G Ramesh Financial Services, MD & CEO, HDB Financial Services
Mr. Phanindra Sama E-commerce, CEO, redBus.in
Mr P.R.Ramesh Consulting, Chairman, Deloitte Haskins & Sells
Mr. Sunil Dutt Telecom, Former MD, Research In Motion
Mr. J.A.Chowdary IT, Exec. Chairman, Talent Sprint
Mr. Rahul Chaudhary Analytics, President & Co-founder, Denuosource
Mr. Nandakumar S. Financial Services, Sr. Director, Fitch Ratings
Mrs. Deena Mehta Financial Intermediation, MD, Asit C Mehta Stock Broking
Mr. Atul Joshi Financial Services, Sr. Director and Head-BD, Fitch India Ratings
Mr. Sashi Krishnan Insurance & Portfolio Management, Former CIO, Bajaj Allianz, (Currently, CIO, Birla Sun Life)
Mr.M Mahesh Private Equity & Hedge Funds, Head-Private Equity, Morgan Stanley
Mr.V.B.Gadgil Infrastructure, MD & CEO, L&T-Hyderabad Metro Rail Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. B. Madhav Reddy Commodity Markets, MD & CEO, Calcutta Stock Exchange
Mr Ramesh Bhandari ITES, MD & Founder, Pegasys Information Technologies Pvt Ltd.
Mr. Rahul Chaudhary Analytics, President & Co-founder, Denuosource
Mr. RVS Ramakrishna Packaging, Chairman, ITW India
Mr. Manohar Bhat Automobiles, VP-Marketing, Maruti Suzuki (Previously Head, Commercial Business(South))
Ms. Madhavi Reddy Business Analytics Applications, Former Country Head, Detica (Currently Director & EMEA Applications Sales Champion, HP Enterprise Services)
Mr. Abheek Barua Banking, Chief Economist, HDFC Bank
Mr. Madhu Kannan Financial Markets, Former MD & CEO, BSE, (Currently, Group Head-BD , Tata Sons)