- Serving the multi-faceted needs of the Comm. industry through education, training, research and advocacy
- Accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade
- Impressive academic industry mix
- Constituent of SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- Experienced and qualified faculties
- Highest Salary offered INR 10lpa
- The placement stats for the batch 2012-14 reflect the relentless pursuit of excellence we practise as an institution to give our students the best possible avenues on offer. This is made clearly visible through the 98 % conversions achieved from among the students who enrolled in the placement program.
- Placement team ensure that every end is met to supply all the necessary resources required to facilitate his/her all-round growth and development
- 100 % placements achieved for the Public Relations specialization followed by 98% and 97% figures for Media Management and Brand Communications with the highest salary of 10 lakh p.a.
Top Recruiting Companies
Following are the Recruiting companies:
- Group M
- WAT Consult
- Sakal Times
- Perfect Relations
- HT Media
- Gutenberg PR
- Hansa Research
- Draft FCB Ulka
- DDB Mudramax
- Adfactors PR
and many more
Rankings & Awards
- IMC Gold Award 2014 run by MBA Universe
- Entertainment Awards: SIMC Pune #3 Best Media College, #2 Best PR and Events School, #2 Best Advertising School
- #7 in the IMPACT M-School Rankings
- ABP NEWS National B-Schools Award for Best Curriculum
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Infrastructure plays a very important role in the learning process. It not only makes the learning environment more appealing, but also aids in the understanding process of the student. Studios, screening rooms, post-production suites etc. help students practice & gain experiential learning.
- Seminar Halls - These are provided with overhead LCD projectors and public-address systems.
- Screening Rooms - These are acoustically sealed, split air-conditioned mini-auditoriums with wall-to-wall carpeting and provided with overhead LCD projection systems and Dolby / DTS 7.1 surround sound system.
- Audio-Visual Studio - A shooting floor along with a Production Control Room. The same is equipped with multiple digital cameras (five Panasonic DVX102 & four MD Panasonic 10000 cameras) and multi-channel digital mixers. Lighting equipment includes overhead moveable lighting grid, cool floods, spotlights & shadow caster.
- Post-Production Suite - Five air-conditioned cubicles, as well as a post production laboratory, are equipped with non-linear edit systems to meet the students' editing needs. The same has the following facilities : four Mac Pro with FCP and 10 iMac with Adobe Premier CS5. Additional software include Nundeo 5.0, Sound Forge 7.0 & FCE.
- Photography Studio - The air-conditioned photography studio combines both manual and digital facilities. It has a darkroom with enlarger for manual D&P, as well as computers with contemporary software for digital imagery. The studio is equipped with professional lights, SLR cameras and other essential equipment.
- Computer Laboratory - The air-conditioned computer laboratory has 39 terminals equipped with Pentium IV processor driven CPUs connected to LCD screens / overhead LCD projector. The laboratory is fully networked and provides high-speed broadband connectivity, with power back-up. A variety of Publishing, Post Production and Design Technology software are available. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled.
- Library - The library has a well-stocked collection acquired since its inception, and covering a broad span of technical and non-technical subjects pertaining to mass media and communication management. A computerised cataloguing system provides instant access facility for any book, by title, author, publisher, or ISBN number. The library also subscribes to a wide assortment of national and international newspapers, magazines and journals, besides some other publications.
Audio-Visual Library - The audio-visual library has a comprehensive collection of films, documentaries, radio & television programmes in English, Hindi and other Foreign / Regional languages. Workstations are available to access these films at any time during working hours.
- The media industry is ever-changing and ever-evolving and we ensure that our content and its delivery reflect that. But even up-to-date and relevant content is only as good as the people delivering it. That's why the faculty is chosen with
a great amount of thought and care.
- Blending seasoned academicians and industry professionals, SIMC looks to deliver practical know-how in addition to theoretical knowledge. Because what an industry professional can impart through actual personal experience perfectly adds on to and enriches, what the book has to say.
- This blend of academicians and the industry experts also ensures students are moulded in line with industry expectations, and are ready to be recruited by the industry.
- SMIC is premier pure-play Media & Communication School nurturing and developing future leaders in the a. creative content generation (MMC) and b. managing creative businesses- MBA(CM).
- Offers two full time post graduate degree programmes in the areas of Mass communication (production of creative content), Brand communication and Media management (management of creative businesses).
- Advanced curriculum, focused delivery, expert faculty, hand-picked students and facilitating industry interaction
- Built an ecosystem that allows for contrasting opinions, methods and processes to co-exist and deliver. Co-locating instruction, exploration, process and instinct, believes, is a good mix for academic progress.