IIIT-Bangalore came into existence in the year 1999 with an aim to advance studies on entrepreneurship and innovation.
- It is a non-profit society that gets all its funds from the Government of Karnataka and also from the IT industry.
- One of its chief objectives as an IT institution is to formulate a curriculum which is in tune with the present industry requirements
- The IIIT-B also works in collaboration with several corporate sectors without compromising on its academic structure
- It has been recognized as a Deemed University within a short period after its inception
- The institute also gives the students a chance to interact with the giants of the IT industry, top politicians of the country, and scholars on visit
- Syed EqbalAlam, ShrishaRao, BijanDavvaz, (m,n)-Semirings & a Generalized Fault Tolerance Algebra of Systems, Journal of Applied Mathematics, March 2013
ShrishaRao, PragatiAgrawal- Solar Energy for Information Technology: Challenges and Possibilities, Current Science, vol. 104 (1), pp. 21–22, January 2013
IIITB has relished outstanding placement for all the 12 batches of M.Tech students who have graduated so far.
Facilitates excellent placements in top organizations such as HCL , Honeywell ,HP ,HSBC ,Huawei & lot more.
Separate boys’ and girls’ have been allotted to the students with single occupancies and 24 hour internet connectivity is also featured.
Boys’ hostels have the total capacity of 180 boys students (for single occupancy) and 48 students for double occupancy while the girls hostel have accommodations for up to 80 girls.
- Ranked 23rd by India Today in 2013
- A total of 25 scholarships are being offered to the students having more than150 who took admission previously
- The scholarship is awarded to the students perform brilliantly at various competitive level
- In the year 2011, the scholarships were sponsored by the industry giants including Intel, Infosys, ABB, Siemens AMD, HP, EMC and etc
- Comp Labs