- The institute is an ISO 9001-2008 certified Institute
- Affiliated to University of Pune and approved by AICTE
- Dedicated and seasoned faculty team
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- State of the art facilities
- Excellent placement service
- The institute has an active Training and Placement Cell.
- Computers and E&TC record nearly 100% placements with Information Technology following up close at about 80%.
- About half the mechanical people get jobs, while civil being the first year recorded poor placements.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Thoughtworks Ltd.
- Musigma Business Solutions Ltd.
- Thermax Ltd.
- Tata Technologies Ltd.
- E Q Technologic Ltd.
- Deloitte Ltd.
- Whirlpool Ltd.
- S1 Services Ltd.
- Tata Motors Ltd.
- Uhde India Pvt. Ltd.
- John Deere
- Persistent Systems Ltd.
- Works Applications Co. Ltd.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Accenture Ltd.
- Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Wipro Technologies Ltd.
- Imagination Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Tavisca Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Wavelet Group
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Zensar Technologies Ltd.
- Cybage Ltd.
- Synechron Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- ADP (I) Pvt. Ltd.
The institute has separate hostel facilities fo boys and girls.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
VIIT has a state of the art campus that spreads over an area of 5 acres. Some of the world class facilities provided by the institute are:
- On-campus Hostel- VIIT presently has 2 hostels for students which is located in Kondhwa (bk.) area. Students are provided with all the basic facilities (including food). VIIT provides single, double or triple bedrooms as per the convenience of the students. Accommodation is provided on First come first basis.Activities inside the hostels are controlled and looked after by the hostel rector. Students are expected to abide by the rule of hostels.
- Canteen & Nestle Coffee Shop-The institute has a well maintained canteen that provides snacks, beverages and lunch at affordable rates. A Nestle Coffee Shop is also set up inside the campus.
- Internet Facility with Wi-Fi connectivity -VIIT provides hi-speed internet facility of 12 MB/s leased line. The campus is also Wi-Fi enabled.
- Campus communication-This center provides facilities like photocopying, laser printing, binding courier, Mobile recharge and stationary materials.
- Transport Facility-Students can commute through regular PMPML bus service which is available from Pune station and Swargate Bus stand to VIIT campus. VIIT also has its own bus facility from the hostels to VIIT campus on working days.
- Travel concession-VIIT provides Railway, State Transport, and Municipal Transports travel concessions to the students as per norms. Apart from this, the institute offers 50% concession to students while going to their native place once every semester.
- Established in the year 2002.
- It is engaged in providing world class education in the field of engineering and technology.
- The institute aims at developing engineering manpower required in the industries. Owing to its quality in the field of academics and research, the institute has been ISO 9001-2008 certified. Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and by the Government of Maharashtra, VIIT is affiliated to University of Pune.
- It is a self-financed private institute and operates under the aegis of Bansilal Ramnath Agarwal Charitable Trust.
- The institute was named after Vishwakarma who in the Indian mythology was an architect-engineer of the Almighty God. The name was adopted by the trust with the vision to develop engineers of high caliber, who have the ability to undertake challenges in technical fields with originality and creativity.
- Since its inception, VIIT has come a long way and has emerged as an institute counted among the few top ranking engineering colleges in Pune.