Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata (HIT-K) was established under the aegis of Kalyan Bharti Trust (KBT) in 2001. KBT was founded by 21 industrialists of Kolkata to give back to the society, their immense managerial experience
- HIT is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology
- Main objective is to prepare dynamic and caring citizens to meet the challenges of a global society while retaining their traditional values
- It is an effort of 23 Kolkata based like-minded industrialists who joined hands to form a charitable educational foundation "Kalyan Bharti Trust (KBT)" to maximise their dreams of serving the Society
- Sprawling campus with library, labs, knowledge centers and an array of other facilities is situated in a very serene environment which allows students to master their academic goals and get on a path to success
- HIT has signed MOUs with some of the prestigious institutions like University of Massachusetts-Lowell, College of Natural Science, Sungkyunkwan University Korea for a variety of joint educational and academic activities
- Ranked as A+ by Career 360 a unit of OUTLOOK India Magazine.
- MOU signed with University of Massachusetts, Lowell for a variety of joint academic and education activities such as :
- Summer undergraduate experiences
- Dual degree programs where selected HITK students after completion of their B.Tech. degree will be able to proceed to UML to complete their MS
- Cooperation in academic and research programs in nanotechnology and bioengineering, including joint Ph.D. programs
- Agreement signed with New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), NJ, USA with the following objectives to provide a meaningful learning and research experience to undergraduate students that will stimulate interest both in seeking a better future, performing research and pursuing graduate studies
- MOU signed with College of Natural Science, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea with the following objectives :
- Reciprocal exchange of faculty, Staff and students
- joint research projects engagement
- Fostering exchange of academic publications and information
- Promotion of other academic activities
- Negotiations are on with the University of Sussex, UK for academic collaboration
- The Training & Placement Cell is constantly pitching different industries to build relations and network with industry people for final placements of our B Tech, M Tech, MCAs and MBA students.
- Today Heritage Institute of Technology stands No. 1 in placements amongst all the Engineering Colleges and is far ahead of the similar genre of private engineering colleges.Few Companies are listed here –Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Caritor, Keane and other world leading recruiters.
- The Highest Package was 16 lacs given by Microsoft.
- Workshop on Self Defense: Rotaract Club of HIT organized a workshop on Self Defense – MAYHEM
- Celebration of Teachers Day as well as the 14th Foundation Day of HIT-K: Teacher's Day as well as the 14th Foundation Day of HIT, Kolkata (HIT-K) was celebrated in a grand way on 5th September, 2014, in the campus.
- "Advanced Engineering Optimization through Intelligent Techniques": National Institute of Technology Surat is conducting a one week short-term training program on "Advanced Engineering Optimization through Intelligent Techniques" during 22-26 September 2014.Interested faculty members desirous to attend the training program may please contact the Program Coordinator.
- Regular workshops are organized to equip students with practical knowledge of their respective field
- Students are taken on excursions for reenergizing and refreshing them
- Numerous activities organized by several clubs ensure holistic development of students
- Counseling Cell helps students deal with academic, career related and personal problems
- Time to time industry interaction keep students updated with the trends of industry
- Eclecia – The cultural fest is held every year in March.
- Dakshh - The annual Technology Fest is a national level Tech-Fest started in 2007. DAKSHH 2008 saw more than 25 colleges participating.
- Prarambh - The annual fest is organized by the MBA students. It is a Student centered Management Festival focused on building skills and knowledge for upcoming managers in the field of Management. It takes place in the every September.
Library: The library is housed in a large air-conditioned hall of 6000 sq. ft. having a seating capacity for about 250 readers.
- Generous collection of more than 43,000 textbooks and reference books on all relevant subjects
- Large number of journals, periodicals, proceedings, magazines, local and national dailies which are available for the benefit of the readers
- Fully automated with LIBSYS and online public access(OPAC) facility
- Books : 55000 ( approx)
- Journals: Indian-158, Foreign-105
- E-Journals: 4000
- E-books: 1700
Computer Centre: All the computers are Wi-Fi connected with 20Mbps leased line for 24 hours. All students are provided with unique email id for having anytime access to institute related information.
Cafeteria: The Institute has an excellent cafeteria with a seating capacity for more than 200 persons. It has a well-planned hygienic kitchen run by a reputed caterer at administered prices. Multi-cuisine lunch and snacks are being served in the cafeteria. A fast food restaurant-cum-convenience store is also there.
Sports:A common room, equipped with major indoor games facilities like Table Tennis, Carom and Chess are available. There are excellent facilities for outdoor games and sports like cricket, football, volleyball, basketball, golf and swimming managed by a Sports Officer and a Swimming Instructor.
Rankings & Awards:-
- HIT has been selected as one of the 25 Private Unaided Institutions across the country for award of grant under TEQIP Phase-II under Sub-component 1.1.
- Received NEN E- week Champion's award 2009 as well as 2010 among 450 institutes covering more than 500000 intellects.
- Received NEN E- Week "Best Public Awareness Campaign" award given for the first time in 2010 for creating social awareness for poor people related to Arsenic.
- Recognized to Oracle Workforce Development Programme
- Centre of Excellence for WIPRO MISSION 10 X
- Centre of Excellence for INFOSYS CAMPUS CONNECT PROGRAMME
- Accredited Institute With A + Rating From TCS
- Received Infosys Championship Trophy among 10000 aspirants all over West Bengal
Hostel For : Male
Separate boarding and lodging facilities are available separately for outstation boys.
- Comp Labs