- Affiliated to Kurukshetra University
- AICTE approved
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Preferred hiring partner of over 60 leading Indian and multinational tech majors
- Students from more than 21 states
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty members
- Scholarships for deserving students
- More than 1200 alumni
- KITM has a well-organized Training & Placement cell headed by dedicated and experienced former member of the top management expert.
- To provide real life exposure to the students, industrial visits are organized and senior executives from the corporate world are invited to address the students.
- To improve self- confidence and personal effectiveness of the students,mock interviews, group discussions, case studies, communication skill workshops, career mapping and personality development programmes are frequently organized by the institute.This cell provides 100% placement opportunity to the eligible students.
- KITM has MoUs with institutions like MSME (A Govt of India Undertaking), Delhi University, Thapar University, CEERI Pilani etc. to enhance the career development prospects of the students as well as to facilitate higher education and research of the faculty members.
Successfully placed 445 students so far and the process is going on...
for placement details visit http://www.kitm.in/training.asp
Top Recruiting Companies
Listed are the top recruiting companies:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Indian Army
- Thermo Care
- Syntel Limited
- Cognizant Pune
- Wipro Chennai
- Hitech Robotics Systems Ltd
- Indus Towers
- Reliance Infrastructure (NTPS-PTPP) Jhansi
- Aditya Birla
- Munjal Auto Gurgaon
- L&T Rajpura
- ISRL-SBRP, TOYO Engg. India Ltd
- Dalkin Gurgaon
- Ceasefire Istruments Ltd
- Enexco Technologies India Ltd
- Conceptia Software Private Ltd.
- Seven Systems
- 1E Infosystems
- QH Talbros Limited
- Netwell Software Solutions (P) Ltd
- HCL Technologies
- Impetus Technologies
- KARVY Consultants
- Omega Elevators Ltd
- A2Z Group of Companies
- Environmental Systems Products Pvt. Ltd.
- India Mart Limited
- Induslnd Bank Ltd
- Micro Technologies India Limited
- Essar-Virgin Mobile
- Xavient Information System Noida
- Click Labs Mohali
- Omni Solutions Noida
- HDFC BankThe future India Group
- Ideacts Limited, Pune
- Icon Controls (P) Limited
- NH Elite Education Services Limited
- Verizon Technologies
- D Zandus
- Karma Technologies
- Remaxys Infotech
Rankings & Awards
- Award of Excellence
- Reward of receiving Design software under National Program on Material and Smart Structures (NPMASS) by Govt of India
- R& D project by DRDO Laboratory : First time any private institute got such Honour
- Overall trophy winner in Youth festival conducted by K.U.K
- Grant from MHRD, Govt of India to establish Aakash Research Centre
- Partner with Red Hat
- Collaboration with Micro, Small and Medium Ent. (MSME), Govt of India, Karnal
- NSS Unit working for society time to time
- NCC (Air wing)
- IETE Student Chapter
KITM provides hostel facility for its students. There are separate hostel accommodation for boys and girls. The hostels have home like environment with spacious, well furnished rooms with proper ventilation:
- 24 hour power backup
- water supply
- Hostel mess
- Internet with 20mbps of bandwidth
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
KITM provides world class infrastructural facilities to students. The institute is spread over an area of 20 acres and it is a unique blend of tradition and modernity. It is located on Pehowa Road at Bhor Saidan, Kurukshetra, 9 kms from Kurukshetra University. It is well connected by rail and road from all parts of the country and it is easily accessible through the public transport system. Unique features of the institute infrastructure are: Academic Effective learning environment Well qualified & experienced faculty members Well-equipped modern laboratories Impressive inventory of books, journals and reference etc. in library Ethernet based digital library Research & Development cell Live projects deployed in real market. Industry related co-curriculum activities Life skills Soft skills training by experienced trainers and associated faculty Campus recruitment programme through professional trainers English communication laboratory (Language laboratory) Emphasis on interpersonal skills, Communication skills, Grooming and Ethical value development Frequent iconic campus visits for motivating students Various Technical & Cultural Clubs Infrastructure Embedded high class modern facilities Conveniently located on Kurukshetra Pehowa Highway. Just 9 Kms from Kurukshetra University Internet connectivity with 22mbps bandwidth, Wi-Fi Campus (24x7) Separate hostel for Girls and Boys in the campus 24x7 power and water supply Cafeteria to serve hygienic food and snacks Air Conditioned labs and library Indoor as well as outdoor sports facilities Well equipped gymnasium for health and fitness Own transportation system connected to nearby areas Serene, clean, green safe learning environment. Computer center equipped with high end server and computers. Auditorium with audio-visual facility. Shopping complex and cafeteria with modern amenities. Block-A houses:
- Department of Humanities & Applied Sciences
- Department of Electronics & Communication
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Conference Hall
- Administrative offices including Chairman office and Director office.
Block- C houses:
- Department of Mechanical and Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Management Studies.
- Seminar rooms
- Discussion rooms
- Lecture rooms
- Hostel (Boys & Girls) in the campus
- Hostel Mess
- Cafeteria & Shopping complex
- ATM facility
- Students activity center
- Prof. (Dr.) Nafa Singh, Professor and Dean Academic Affairs
- Dr.Deepak Sharma, Asstt.Prof.
- Dr. Arti, Asstt. Prof.
- Dr. Amita Garg, Associate Prof.
- Dr. Shakuntla Singla, Asstt. Prof.
- Dr. Arvinder Singh, Asstt. Prof.
- Dr. Ranjeet Verma, Associate Prof.
- Mr. J.L.Tuli, Associate Prof.
- Er. Rakesh Kumar Garg, Associate Professor
- Er.Viraj Tyagi, Associate Prof. and many more....
|Qualification ||Number ||Qualification ||Number |
|Ph.D ||10 ||MBA ||13 |
|Ph.D* ||03 ||M.Sc, M.Phill ||07 |
|M.Tech. ||40 || || |
Kurukshetra Institute of Technology & Management (KITM) is a prestigious institute in whole Haryana, established in 2007 with the aim of imparting quality and value based technical and management education.
- Institute has been established by Shanti Devi Educational Trust (SDET).
- Provides serene and conducive environment for better learning.
- Vision is to develop this institute as a superior one responsible for grooming future leaders for the country.
- Aims at reaching the forefront of technical and management education by creating highly targeted professional leadership by meaningful transformation of mind and spirit.
- Institute has a blend of qualified and experienced teachers to impart quality education to students as per industry standards.
- Chosen channel partner for IIT Bombay and IIT-Kharagpur to offer high quality, Internet based distant learning programme.
- Active Research and Development Programmes;Part of a national project NPMASS Designed MEMS based sensors for ISRO, IGCAR&DRDO.
- Design MEMS based capacitive micro-machined ultrasonic Transducers (CMUT) Naval Physical Oceanography Laboratory (NPOL), DRDO Kochi to be used in war ships by Indian Navy.
- Focus on personal grooming and fostering a spirit of entrepreneurship
- Student friendly, safe learning environment
- Internet connectivity with 25mbps bandwidth, Wi-Fi Campus.
- Pedagogy based on industry focused and experiential learning
- Associated with CEERI, Pilani for design & fabrication of MEMS based Acoustic sensor for Chandrayan-I mission.
- Thapar University, Patiala
- Delhi University, Delhi
- MSME Development Institute, Karnal
- KITM possesses a blend of highly qualified and experienced trainers.
- Faculty at the institute is young and highly energetic and they are totally committed to their profession.
- Trainers try to impart best knowledge and understanding to students and make them professional as per industry standards.
- Some of the trainers have relevant experience in the industry.
Research and Development activities
Research and Development Activities
Students Forum (ISF) Under IETE
- KITM is a part of a national project (NPMASS). Faculty and students designed MEMS based devices for ISRO, IGCAR, DRDO, etc. Through Industrial Design cell and Software Developers League students of KITM are working on many live projects. Many of the completed projects are deployed at the users end.
- KITM, Kurukshetra in collaboration with CEERI, Pilani has designed and fabricated a MEMS based Acoustic Sensor. This sensor was successfully deployed in the Chandrayan I Mission.
- Project work on the Design of MEMS based capacitive micro-machined ultrasonic Transducers (CMUT) funded by Naval Physical Oceanography Laboratory (NPOL), DRDOKochi has been completed.
- These projects are done under the guidance of Dr. P.J.George, Director-Principal, KITM Kurukshetra.
Activities under IETE:-
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) is Indias leading recognized technical professional established student forum in August 2012 in KITM.
- At Inaugural Ceremony Dr. Anil Jain, Chairman IETE Ambala Centre delivered speech on Industry Institute Interaction in current Decade. Since the establishment of ISF, students got access to many journals under IETE. An industrial tour has been organized to IETE to its Ambala Centre. A One day workshop onMEMS is organized under IETE in April, 2013.
- National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT) Project, Ministry of Human Resource Department, Government of India
- KITM Kurukshetra is channel partner of IIT, Bombay and IIT, Kharagpur under NMEICT, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India to provide high quality, personalized and interactive knowledge modules over the internet in any-time, any-where mode. New technologies and tools like Aakash Tablets, a low cost accessing device are developed to further enhance the educational experience. KITM is a remote centre part of Aakash Project center http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/nmeict/AakashParticipantList.do
- An important initiative has been taken by IIT Bombay and IIT Kharagpur to work with leading Engineering Colleges in the country to enhance the teaching skills of our faculty colleagues incore Engineering and Science subjects.
Workshops/ Programmes have been done:
- Aakash Workshop
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Basic/Analog Electronics
- Database Workshop
- Thermo Dynamics
- Signal & System
KITM is the winner of Overall Running Trophy in Zonal Youth Festival (Professional Zone) Kurukshetra University, for the second consecutive year and in sports, many students represented Kurukshetra University in inter university events.
- ECE Dept. KITM, Kurukshetra has worked on MEMS based Acoustic Sensor in collaboration with CEERI, Pilani. The Sensor was successfully deployed in the Chandrayan Mission.
- Project work on the Design of MEMS based capacitive micro-machined ultrasonic Transducers (CMUT) funded by Naval Physical Oceanography Laboratory (NPOL), DRDO Kochi has been completed.
(These two projects were done under the guidance of Dr. P.J. George, Director-Principal, KITM, Kurukshetra)
Scholarship Scheme 2013-14
|M.Tech. ||above 80% in qu alifying exam or GATE score ||25% of tuition fee |
|B.Tech. ||above 90% in qualifying exam ||50% of tuition fee |
| ||below 90% upto 80% ||25% of tuition fee |
| ||below 80% upto 75% ||15% of tuition fee |
| ||below 75% upto 70% ||10% (for girls students only) |
| ||HSTES Rank for B.Tech. 01- 20000 ||75% of tuition fee |
| ||20001-40000 |
|50% of tuition fee |
25% of tuition fee
|MBA ||Above 80% in qualifying exam ||25% of tuition fee |
|BBA ||Above 80% in qualifying exam ||25% of tuition fee |
> Meritorious students
- On the basis of university results, students scoring above 85% marks in semester exam or holder of 1st, 2nd or 3rd rank in university will be awarded cash prizes as incentives for their performance. Cash prize will also be available to the toppers of the respective branches in the semester examination results of the University.
> Concession of 25% in Tuition Fee available for :-
A) Children of members of staff who has at least 2 years service in the Institute. B) Brother/Sister will be available to one of the brother(s)/sister(s) studying in this Institute. Concession will be available to the student admitted earlier. > Continuation of Institute Scholarship
- The continuation of institute scholarship Institute Scholarship for the 2nd year will depend upon the performance of semester examination results of 3rd & 4th semesters (combined) and so on.
- The awardee of the scholarship is required to obtain the percentage of marks, as mentioned above, in the University examinations. The continuation of the scholarship in the subsequent years will be de-linked from the payment of Institute fees.
- The students will be required to pay the fees and other charges in full and the payment of scholarship amount will be made after the declaration of the results and the fulfillment of criteria of percentage of marks as laid down for this purpose.