- Affiliated to University of Kalyani
- Consistently achieved 100% placement
- Highly experienced and qualified faculty
- Modern infrastructure facilities
- Imparting world-class management education for more than a decade
- Alumni in all reputed MNCs
The placement activity broadly covers pre-placement talks, summer internships and final placements.
Final Placement : The industry has sought and utilized the intellectual capital of EIM by participating in the final placement process. The real proof of the quality and effectiveness of any Business School lies in the acceptance of its graduates in the industry. Thus the placement of the graduating batch marks the culmination of the rigorous two-year (Full-time) MBA programme at EIM.
Summer Internship : Summer Internship constitutes an integral part of the MBA curriculum and is valued for its relevance in management education. Summer Internship is positioned between completing the second semester course work, the students are placed in different organizations for a period of about 60 days on a specific assignment. Apart from giving the students an opportunity to test the theoretical concepts learnt in the classroom, the summer experience gives an insight into the working of the real organizations. As a part of the assignment, students are required to submit a report. The presentation made by the student to the organization forms the basis for the evaluation of the project work.
EIM highly values relationship with the industry and motivates to uphold the same in future which strengthen by alumni meetings to maintain strong industrial relation so as to expose to the students for ever changing industrial environment, prevailing culture and future needs. Strategy adopted to achieve the above aim :
- Industrial Visit.
- Summer training in reputed companies.
- Regular visits of experts from industry.
- Mentoring system.
- Conduction of Soft skill Training Program for MBA students. This includes communication skill, Group Discussion & Interview preparation.
- Conduction of Aptitude Test for English, Logical, Reasoning, Quantitative Analysis etc. through assignments & practice test papers.
- Arranging seminar about careers & future education.
Top Recruiting Companies
- 99 Acres.com
- Axis Bank
- Assian Paints
- Caf Coffee Day
- Cordlife Science India
- Federal Bank
- Finance Outlook
- Gibralter Airsprings Pvt. Ltd
- Hindustan Unlever
- HDFC bank
- HDFC Life
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kolkata West International
- Magic Bricks.com
- Mission ARC
- MRH Leather Goods
- Novarties Resources
- Pecon Software
- RSP Transmission India. Ltd
- Shopper stop
- SRBM Steel
- Titan Industries Ltd.
- Universal Machinery & Equipments
- Uttaran Technologies
and many more.....
Rankings & Awards
Ranked in the top 100 B'Schools for the last 8 - 9 years ,Business World
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Institute's infrastructure and resources are not only at par with Indias best Bschools, they are consistently upgraded to create state-of-the-art study conditions.
- The fully air - conditioned Wi- Fi enabled campus reflects a typical corporate ambience.
- All classrooms, auditorium and labs are equipped with an array of modern teaching aids that support electronic delivery
- The in house videoconferencing system facilitates the Institutes real time interfacing with B schools, professors and students worldwide.
- The Library with around 5000 books , periodicals, national and international journals, scholastic publication and educational CDs serve as Institute's nerve centre
- The IT infrastructure includes laptops and desktops, dedicated lease lines fron two ISPs, digital boards and rich internet resources.
- A sprawling games room provides for several indoor games and houses a TV
- The institute cafeteria serves wholesome snacks and food at nominal process.
- Physical Infrastructure: Eastern Institute of Management is located in the heart of the city. Commuting is no problem for the students. Bus, metro and train route is easily available. The Institute has spacious classrooms and boasts of a good auditorium.
- Digital Infrastructure: Video - conferences have been organized by the Institute. The Institute Intranet is used regularly for students benefit.
Professors with top-drawer industry background, research and publishing record constitute the institute's own permanent faculty team. Besides, top-level executives from Manufacturing, Media, IT, Legal, Consulting and Market Research regularly take classes which help students to integrate theory with practice. A few courses are conducted by internationally acclaimed Chair professors from the University of Cincinnati, Rhode Island and INSEAD.
Full Time Faculty :
Visiting Faculty :
- Prof. Amit Sengupta , Director & Professor
- Prof. Dipankar Banerjee , Trustee member & Professor
- Prof. Biswanath Chakraborty, Trustee member & Professor
- Prof. Arun Kr.Dey, Professor
- Prof. Pradip Dutta, Professor
- Dr. Shyamaprasad Dutta, Professor
- Prof. Biswanath Ghosh, Associate Professor
- Prof. Roma Puri, Associate Professor
- Prof. Pradipta Tagore, Professor
- Prof. Bidyut Kr.Acharya, Professor
- Prof. Aruna Pain, Assistant Professor
- Prof. Anindra Kr.Haldar, Professor
- Dr. Vedabrata Basu, Assistant Professor ( On lien )
- Prof.Tapas Dutta, Ex - Chief Executive , Calcutta Stock Exchange
- Prof. Ravi Venkatesh, CEO, Sureka Group
- Prof.Sudipta Dasgupta, Formerly, President, UTI
- Prof.Pronab Guha, Managing Director, Gibraltar Air springs Pvt.Ltd.
- Prof. Pradip Kumar Chatterjee, PG Diploma in Personnel Management (London School of Economics
- Prof. Ajay Bhar, Head, Dept. of Business Administration, Haldia Institute of Technology
- Souvik Banerjee, Consultant TQM & Environment Management
- Arin Ghosh , Guest Faculty at IISWBM, Worked as Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
- Gautam Bandopadhyay, VP (HR), MSK PVT LTD
- Sudhir Chand, Formerly Executive Director, Exide Industries Limited
- Chanchal Chatterjee , ASST PROFESSOR, FINANCE & ACCOUNTS, ST XAVIER'S COLLEGE, KOLKATA
- Sushmita Roy, Consultant, Heading a market research consultancy firm QUOTIENT RESEARCH
- R.R.Modi Partner of U Narain & Co., Chartered Accountants
- Vikas Baisya, Practising Advocate in High Court of Calcutta, The Supreme Court of India and High Cort of Delhi.
- Arya Gupta, Formerly Vice President, IDBI Bank
- Minakshi Pal , B.A. Freelance Trainer in Soft Skills & Management Visiting Faculty (Techno India)
- Dr. Pradyut Sen , Professor, Department of Accountancy, University of Cincinnati
- Dr. Nikhilesh Dholakia , Professor, University of Rhode Island
- Dr. Ruby Roy Dholakia , Professor, University of Rhode Island
- Dr. Amit Kar, Consultant Faculty, Business Operations, Management, Enterprise Systems, IT Leadership and Workforce Development Centre, Allentown, P.A.
- Dr. Jens Stephan , Head, Department of Accounting, University of Cincinnati
- Established in 2002, a group of academicians with significant experience in the corporate sphere realized the necessity and importance of youth power and agreed that a Business School offering an MBA degree would be one of the best pathways to utilize young talent and harness it to finesse
- EIM has now encompassed not only India but also the world in its truest sense and has a strong Industry interface to support students
- Every year International faculty come down and conduct courses and a global perspective is thrown open for all students
- Students are taken out on Industrial visits, summer internships, a mandatory part of the MBA Program also provide very good on-hands job experience for them
- The single most driving factor that has geared EIM to its present status is the perspective that it offers
- The Director, Mr Amit Sengupta strongly believes and says that MBA - is not mere academics, it is not about scoring high in written papers - in fact, management education is not aimed at petty bookish competition at all, but an application science by itself
- "It is therefore imperative that education should be tailored accordingly", It is with this aim in view that EIM has developed corporate ambience with a heavy emphasis on electronic delivery
- Upgraded into wi-fi enabled services, has ensured the availability of LAN - whereby lectures, presentations, and other vital information are easily accessible to students, subsequently
- In the efforts to bring out the best in EIM students, communication and inter-personal skills are brushed up on a regular basis
- Unlike a large number of educational institutes, EIM lays a great deal of stress on spoken English skills
Eastern Institute of Management (EIM) have entered into arrangements with the University of Cincinnati, USA and the University of Chulalongkorn, Bangkok, Thailand for annual student exchange visits. These give to students not only hands-on insights into the varying social, economic and business conditions, but also how their respective knowledge and practices can be integrated on a wider, global canvas.