- AICTE approved
- Ranked 40th among hotel management institutes, according to Competition Success Review (CSR GHRDC) survey 2009
- AIMA Ranking-A3
- Good placement record
- Scholarship to meritorious students
- Qualified faculty
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
93% of students got placed through campus interviews. Placement statistics:
|No. of companies visited ||18 |
|Percentage of students got more than one offer ||25 |
|Highest package ||5.6 lakh |
|Lowest package ||2.1 lakh |
|Average package ||2.7 lakh |
Top Recruiting Companies
- ACC Ltd
- Apollo Sindhoori Capital Investments Ltd.
- Dr. Reddys Laboratories Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Hindustan Lever Ltd.
- Hindustan Steel Construction Co. Ltd.
- Hindustan Times
- Hoechst Marion Roussel
- ICICI Bank
- Indian Airlines
- ITC Ltd.
- Karvy Stock Broking Ltd.
- LG Electronics
- Modi Xerox
- Nagarjuna Chemicals & Fertilisers Corpn Ltd.
- ONIDA ( MIRC Electronics)
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Satyam Computers Ltd.
- Tata Info Media Ltd.
- Tata Tin Plates Co. Ltd.
- Total Logistics India Pvt. Ltd.
- Transport Corporation of India Ltd
- Usha Beltron Ltd
- Usha Martin Industries Ltd.
- WIPRO Infotech.
- XPS Cargo
and many more...
Rankings & Awards
- Overall ranked 40th among hotel management institutes, according to Competition Success Review (CSR GHRDC) survey 2009
- ISM, Ranchi is ranked among the leading AICTE approved b-schools of India (CSR, 2009)
- AIMA Ranking = A3
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls
- Girls' hostel has a capacity of accommodating 30 girls
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- The centre is fully air-conditioned and the latest versions of almost all the software required by management students, faculties and other IT programmes are available to them.
- Library of ISM has a collection of about 10000 (3659 Titles) volume of books both of foreign and Indian publications. In addition, the library subscribes to over 49 national and 27 international Journals. The Library has a good number of audio and video cassettes/CDs on management topics, manuals and software to aid faculty in classes.
Conference Hall and Auditorium
- The institute has more than 8 class rooms of different seating capacities and are provided with spacious Green / White Boards, OHPs, LCD Projectors, Slide Projectors, Pull Down Screens along with network / internet facilities.
- To support various academics, Sports & Cultural activities, the institute has an Auditorium with a capacity of 300 participants. It has all the modern facilities like PA systems, cordless microphones, LCD Projectors etc.
Department of Business Management
Department of Hotel & Tourism
- Dr. Dr. S. P. Mishra Director
- Sri Athar Hussain Ansari Senior Lecturer, Asst. Coordinator - Staff Development Programmes
- Mr. Nalin Ranjan Tripathy Sr. Lecturer
- Mr. Pankaj Chatterjee In-charge HMCT, Sr. Lecturer
- Mr. Viveka Nand Sharma Sr. Lecturer
- Mr. Saurabh Sen Sr. Lecturer
- One of the leading Business Schools in India, established in 1985 with an idea of catering to the long felt need of management education to the upcoming youth
- Known for its highly qualified and dedicated faculty members eager to support the students and their interests through effective counseling and guidance
- Provides the student a nurturing environment, a comprehensive range of facilities and the right atmosphere to build their talents, embrace the latest technologies improve their analytical problem solving and communication skills
Member Associations / Institutes
- Association of Indian Management Schools
- Association of Management Development Institute of South Asia
- Foundation for Organisational Research and Education
- Indian Institute of Public Administration
- National Institute of Entrepreneurship & Small Business Development
- Indian Society for Training & Development
- Indian Society for Technical Education
- Indian Trade Promotion Organization
- All Indian Association for Educational Technology
- National Institute of Personnel Management
- Federation of Hotel & Restaurant Association of India (FHRAI)
- National Association of Bakery Industry
Awards & Scholarships
The institute offers following awards and scholarships:
- Veena Memorial Gold Medal to the Best Student in the Department of Business Management
- V. Jha Trust Gold Medal to the Best Student in the Department of Hotel Management
- Scholarship of Rs. 5000/- per semester to the most meritorious student