Established as a self-financed college, H. L. Institute of Commerce (HLIC) is one of the most reputed institutes for the course of B.Com. in Ahmedabad and Gujarat. Guided by the Ahmedabad Education Society, the college today has become a place of strong network combined by the knowledge, practical education, theory concepts, and the overall personal grooming with a global edge.
H. L. Institute of Commerce (HLIC)Facts & Figures:
Initially Gujarat University,
Now Ahmedabad University since 2009
NAAC B++ grade
20 (core), 11 (visiting)
Particulars of the Library
No. of Books: 5200
No. of periodicals:18
No. of CDs and DVDs: 105
No. of Audio cassettes: 50
Newspapers: 6 English & 5 Gujarati
Why to join HL Institute of Commerce?
1. Specialization in Subjects: The College believes that the course of B.Com is one of the basic steps towards the special career programs and the professional courses. It offers specialization subjects during the last year of the course, which serves as a base to various post graduate degree courses. Students from HLIC have won many accolades at the local and national level due to their higher education and overall development.
2. Ethical & Decentralized work culture: Initiated by the HLIC alumnus and the founder principal, concept of decentralization is practiced at the academy. With the contribution of the enthusiastic staff and dynamic faculties, students can now approach different people and departments for specific work. This has supported a great way in promoting the college towards noticeable heights.
3. MOU with ACCA: HLIC has agreed on an MOU with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, providing a chance to its students to complete the bachelor of commerce degree within 3 years while doing C.A. course. This will allow the exemption on 6 out of 14 papers for the qualification of ACCA.
4. Emphasis on Extra-curricular activities: The College undertakes the annual day, dimensions- the cultural fest, Intellectus- the intercollege competition, magazines, learning workshops, spelling competitions, women committee, sports championships as well as the organization for underprivileged. All this frame the over-all comprehensive development of its students.
5. Implemented Anti-Ragging Policy: Under the Anti Ragging notice issued by UGC, HL Institute of Commerce strictly adhered to the guidelines for imposing an anti-ragging culture in college and hostel premises. Any student found doing so, will be penalized and punished for the same.