Dr Ambedkar College of Commerce & Economics is the result of the dedication & hardwork of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, the chief architect of Indian constitution, born on 14Th April 1891. It serves the society to spread higher education to the downtrodden especially the SC/ST/OBC section of the society.
Born in a poor Mahar family, he became the first “outcast” to be awarded Bharat Ratna. Though he was from an untouchable family, he studied in the prestigious Columbia university & London school of economics after struggling through social & financial obstacles. He spent his life promoting social indiscrimination.
He published journals for the cause of political rights & social freedom for India’s untouchables. He was honoured by the title of Bodhisattva by Indian Buddhists even when he did not advocate for being one.
Facts and Figures of Dr Ambedkar College & Economics-
People’s Education Society of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
University of Mumbai
Re-acredited with Grade “B” by
No. of books in the library
More than 50,000
How to reach
By buses from either dadar or wadala stations which are equidistant
Why Join Dr Ambedkar College of Commerce & Economics?
- Library- Encyclopedias, national & international journals & periodicals of commerce & economics are available. The library is in the process of getting fully computerized though internet facility is available. There is also a language lab & photocopying machine.
- Computer centre- Two computer labs have been constructed.
- Gymkhana- Various games are played in the college gymkhana like basketball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, chess & carom board. Besides these the college ground is host to cricket, football, handball, Kho-kho & kabaddi. The annual athletic meet is held on the college ground.
- Common Room- There is separate common room for girls & boys. The girl’s common room has relaxing & changing facility.
- WDC- WDC (Women Development Cell) is set up for sexual greviences of women students, teaching & non-teaching staff. Besides this, it organizes various cultural programmes like dance, drama etc. that deal with gender issues & a healthy dialogue between the genders on love, friendship & companionship. This is an effort for aversion of sexual harassment & setting up healthy relationships between the students.
- Faculty- Highly qualified, dedicated & experienced faculty form the pillars of the college.
- Comp Labs