Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai was started and being run & managed by Reserve Bank of India on December 28, 1987. It has been conferred with the status of Deemed University under section 3 of UGC Act & Reaccredited with 'A’ Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) given to Indian Academic Institutions. It is situated on a 14 acre site in East Goregaon, 15 min drive from Mumbai Railway station & 20 min drive from National, International airports.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Economics
- M. Phil./ Ph.D. in Development Studies
Admission in the University through a Online test and Interview conducted by the institute
- Application of Computable General Equilibrium Model for Estimation of Demand & supply of agricultural commodities
- Construction of Composite Index for household amenities (CCIHA)
- Quantitative Finance Workshop
- Wi-Fi enabled campus allows internet access at 9Mbps speed
- 24x7 free internet connectivity & backup through ISP on load balancing
- A state of the art Computer Center with 150 workstations, Cisco Routers etc to fulfill the IT requirements of the academicians
- The whole institute is connected by Ethernet based LAN on fiber optic & provides VPN access
- Modern & well equipped Class Rooms, Seminar Halls & Auditorium with Projectors, Document Camera, Video Conferencing etc.
- Auditorium having a seating capacity of 500 persons
- Hostel facility for students is provided within the campus
- A Guest House consisting of 50 rooms has been made available for visitors
- Recreational facilities like Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Jogging track, badminton court etc for staff & students
- An archive of 40,000 printed documents & subscription of over 460 National, International journals
- Institutional association with 100 National, International organizations for exchange of the Institute's publications and inter – library loan arrangement.
Co – Curricular
- Water Resource Management – Economic Instruments
- Young Scholar’s Program
- Annual Money & Finance Conference
- The MGNREGA in India – Taking Stock, Looking Ahead
- Comp Labs