Sri Guru Gobind Singh College was established in the year 1966 aiming to provide quality education. The college offers the student various courses in the field of science and engineering, language and arts, information and technology, commerce and medicine and health care. Sri Guru Gobind Singh College is affiliated to Punjab University and accredited by NAAC. We provide our students world class infrastructure and every possible facility which is needed. We provide hostel facilities for our students.
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College has a Placement and Career Counselling Cell which takes care of all the placement activities in college premises.
Top Recruiting Companies
- EXL Services
- Spice Global
- IBM Daksh
- Dell International
- Bank of America
- The boys hostel has accommodation for nearly 200 students.
- The girl students share the hostel with Guru Gobind Singh College for Women.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Well stocked Library
- Health Centre
- Sports Facilities
- Computer Lab
- Cyber Cafe
- Lecture Theatres
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College is the first co-educational institute of higher education in Chandigarh.
- It was established by the Sikh Educational Society in 1966, is today one of the leading educational institutions of the northern India.
- Modern infrastructure, qualified and dedicated faculty consisting of 157 members, backed by a capable administrative and non-teaching staff, enables the college to honour its commitment for providing quality education, and imparting values enshrined in the personality and teachings of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
- The college building consists of two modern four-storeyed blocks - Arts Block and Science Block, providing a compact academic campus with clearly demarcated areas for different departments.
- The existing college infrastructure is further being augmented with a post-graduate block. It comprises of 12 Lecture Theatres, Faculty Rooms, Class Rooms, a Cyber Cafe, a Placement Cell and Office of the Alumni Association.
- Post Matric Scholarship to students
- Meritorious Students Scholarships
- Blind Students' Concession
- Financial Aid to Poor / Needy Students
- Economically Weaker Students
- SC/ST Students' Stipend
- 21 scholarships under UT Merit Scholarship
- 86 scholarships under Govt. National Scholarship Scheme
- Post Matric Scholarship
- K.K. Kukar fund for Economically weak students.