Rizvi College of Architecture was made in August 1992 and it is partnered to the University of Mumbai. The College offers a five years Bachelor's Degree in Architecture and is perceived by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and the Council of Architecture (COA). The College has taken up the testing undertaking of developing into a prime school of thought in the field of Architecture. Rizvi Education Society gives the fundamental budgetary, specialized and human asset framework to build up the College as a standout amongst the most dynamic middle of building design learning.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Given below is the list of subject :
Slides collection/Audio Visual Centre :
- The RCA has its own library whose collection is growing at a high rate. The present collection covers the subjects of arts, graphics, architectural data, construction, design, architectural theory, history, interiors, landscape, urban design, town planning, housing and technology.
- Rizvi Education Society's library network includes 5 institutional libraries with books covering a whole range of subjects including arts, architecture, science, engineering, economics, sociology, business management, commerce, philosophy & languages.
- All the institutional libraries are within walking distance of each other.
- The RCA has initiated a slides collection covering various subjects related to the academic programme. This includes architectural heritage of India, historical buildings and monuments, contemporary architecture of India and the world, and human settlements.
- The RCA has a set of slides projectors, overhead projectors, screens, a sound system and a video system.
Computer Center :
- The college has a wood and a metal workshop with necessary machines and tools. The students are introduced to workshop practice. They learn architectural model making and are encouraged to use the workshop facility for their design models.
- The college also has access to workshops of Rizvi College of Engineering including a material testing laboratory and Environmental laboratory.
- Rizvi College of Architecture has a PC based computer centre, which is available for use by RCA students and faculty. The softwares available include Autocad, Word, Lotus, Photo Shop, etc.
- Rizvi Educational Complex has a multipurpose auditorium with a 500 seat capacity at the ground floor with a stage and green rooms.
- The students use the facility for the cultural events. Important formal functions are held in auditorium. Rizvi Arch Fest and ICHH conferences are held here annually.
Other Facilities :
- Rizvi College of Architecture has a cafeteria with a capacity of 200 seats on the 1st floor. It also has a fast food and snacks counter. It serves Indian and Chinese cuisine, snacks, hot beverages and soft drinks.
- Rizvi College of Hotel Management & Catering Technology has a restaurant & cafeteria on the ground floor in the Rizvi Educational Complex.
Rizvi College of Architecture facilities include 5 studios, 2 lecture rooms, 2 seminar halls, a conference hall for 300 persons, an exhibitions hall, computer centre, workshop, climatological laboratory, resource centre, library, faculty rooms, meeting rooms, principal's chamber and administration.
Rizvi College of Architecture was established in August 1992 and it is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. The College offers a five years Bachelor's Degree in Architecture and is recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and the Council of Architecture (COA). The College has taken up the challenging task of evolving into a prime school of thought in the field of Architecture. Rizvi Education Society provides the necessary financial, technical and human resource infrastructure to develop the College as one of the most progressive centre of architecture learning. Within the short period of its inception, the College has already developed professional links with leading schools and colleges in India and abroad. Rizvi College of Architecture is one of the three institutions to have prestigious, parts I and II, recognition of the Commonwealth Association of Architects.
The College aims to develop an all round character and creativity among its students. The students of the college have won the Gold Medal of the University of Mumbai and have been in the merit list. The graduates of the college have won national and local awards for their design, heritage studies and environmental improvement schemes. In an era of globalisation the college prepares the students and graduates to face the challenges and complex tasks of shaping living environment for the 21st Century.