Loyola College, Chennai, was founded and established by the Society of Jesus in (Jesuits) in the year 1925, and gained autonomy in 1978 with an aim to provide effective education within a Christian environment irrespective of caste, creed or background. It offers certain courses on undergraduate and postgraduate level, comprising of the departments where it shows concerns, precisely being Science, Arts, Commerce, Business Administration (BBA), Media Studies, Library, Human Excellence and Physical Education at the end.
- Training and Placement Cell of Loyola College, Chennai is a unique institutional arrangement in the campus primarily motivated to empower the student community in particular the needy and the poor in terms of providing training and securing part-time and full time jobs.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Wipro Technologies
- TATA Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Cognizant Technology solutions
- Asian Paints
- HDFC Bank
- Hawlett-Packard Global Investment Pvt. Ltd.
- College provides hostel facilities to students
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Parking areas
- Digital Library
- Play Grounds
- Internet & Intranet
- Prayer Room
- Placement Cell
- Sports Facilities
- Advanced Zoology & Biotechnology / Medical Laboratory Technology /Bio-Medical Instrumentation Science(Mr. T. Ambrose M.Sc. (Head of the Department)
- Chemistry (Dr. A. Dayalan M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., FICS. (Head of the Department)
- Commerce (Dr. B. Joseph Jayaraj M.Com.,Ph.D.,DHEd.,Dip.inTD, (Head of the Department.)
- Economics (Dr. A. Joseph Jayapaul M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D. ( Head of the Department )
- English (Mr. James Sundararaj M.A., B.Ed. ( Head of the Department )
- Foreign LanguagesMs. Rebecca George, M.A., B.Ed., M.Phil. Diplme (Alliance Franc,aise) (Head of the Department)
- Loyola College was founded by the Society of Jesus in (Jesuits) 1925.
- Loyola College became autonomous in July 1978.
- The University degrees will be conferred on the students passing the examinations conducted by the college commerce and Science) and 9 special Institutes offering more than 111 programs to over 10,000 students.10 departments are offering M.Phil. Programs and 14 departments offer Ph.D. programs. Over 114 teaching staff members out of 277 hold doctoral degree. There is 99 non-teaching staff in service.
- Objective is to provide University Education in a Christian atmosphere for deserving students irrespective of caste and creed.
- Entomology Research Institute
- Loyola Institute of Frontier Energy (LIFE)
- Loyola Institute for Industrial and Social Science Research
- Loyola Institute of Vocational Education (LIVE)
- Ignatian Institute For Career Development
- Loyola Institute of People Studies
Following Scholarship are provided by Loyola College:
- Management Scholarships
- Poor Boys Fund
- Students Aid Fund
- Departmental Endowment Scholarships
- Poor Sportsmen Scholarships
- Mid Day meals Scheme
- Medals and Prizes
- Non-Endowment Scholarships
- Alumni Association Scholarships
- Endowed Scholarships List