- Amongst the only four members of IFTTI in India
- Curriculum designed by NID Ahmedabad.
- Institutional partner of FDCI & co-partner it in the Van Huesen Fashion Week.
- Design incubation centre
- Industry exposure through exhibitions and fashion week.
- Own retail outlet Studio 169 & Royal Rajwara to showcase student's talent
- Live Industry Projects & Internships
- Well equipped resource centre & E-library
- Experienced team of faculty
- IMS Design & Innovation Academy is having its own corporate resource centre to take care of the placement activities. T
- he head of the resource centre and group of students are responsible for the functioning of the cell.
- It helps the students in developing skills such as team building, commmunication, leadership and decision making through personality development classes.
Top Recruiting Companies
- AM PM Design Studio
- Radhnik Exports
- Balaji Telefilms
- Shivani Films- Production House
- National Geograhic Channel (NGC)
- Satya Paul
- Fab India
- Blue Mount
- D dmas
- Neo Sports
- Rahejas Continental Interior
- Sujit Bajaj
- Willslife Style
- Shoppers Stop
- Royal Rajwara
- JCT Limited
- Mayur Overseas
- Hackers & Kitchen
- Good Homes
- VF Arvind Brands
Rankings & Awards
- Awarded best textile and apparel institute in 2010 by Times Research Education Excellence
- Awarded best textile and apparel institute in Delhi-NCR 2011 by BIG Brands Research
- IMS Design & Innovation Academy has separate hostel for boys and girls.
- The hostels are convenientally located so that students do not have to travel long distances.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Library :- The Library has comprehensive collection of:
Multi Media Lab
- Design Books
- National & International design Magazines
- Limited edition design Books
- Cd Rom,video cassettes of design & other informative tutorials on designing subjects
- E-library resources and attaining membership by WGSN software
- State of art Multimedia Labs
- Dedicated Macintosh Machines for Advance Video & Sound Editing
- Croma Screen Setup for Visual effects
- Game Consoles to understand Game techniques
- Semi-Professional Camera with Studio Lighting Setup
Audio Visual Lab CAD Lab
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk 3DS Max
- Autodesk Mudbox
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premier
- And many more..
CAD LAB are designed for :
DIA has dedicated labs for CAD softwares, where students can learn 3D world better and use their imagination on computers. Lecture Room
- Lecture rooms are spacious and specially designed.
- Each studio is well organised
- Classrooms have facilities to provide audio-visual inputs to make teaching a more interactive experience.
Fashion Design Facilities
- A spacious seminar hall to accommodate a large number of visitors and students to attend and participate in various seminars and workshops.
- Big screen and high-end music systems with LCD projections make it a wholesome experience.
Textile Design Facilities
- Pattern Making Lab
- Garment Construction Lab with juki machines
- Design Development studios
Jewellery Design Facilities
- Wet processing Studio
- Weaving studio
- Design Development
- And various Textile softwaresare being used.
Interior Design Facilities
- Latest facilities in the workshop for manufacturing jewellery
- World class Gemmological Instruments in Gemmology Lab.
- Diamond Grading Lab.
- Computer Aided Design Softwares for CAD, along with Studio and Design Development areas.
- Studio and Design Development areas specially constructed for technical drawings.
- Well equipped workshop for developing products
- DIA is the eight venture of IMS Educational Society Group a premier society dedicated to provide multidisciplinary holistic education.
- The other ten institutes are located at Dehradun and Noida, where around 10,000 students are receiving education in a variety of disciplines ranging from Engineering, IT, Management, Journalism, Law, Pharmacy, Architecture & Secondary School.
- DIA is of course concentrating on design and retail education.
- This Academy was established in 2005 as the Academy of Fashion & Jewellery Design, with an objective of providing good design education.
- Over a prriod of time the Academy has evolved and matured as an Institute sustaining multiple design specializations like fashion, textile, jewellery, interior, multimedia & animation, graphic and fashion business. DIA is now poised to become one of the best Design Institutes in India.
- DIA is also spreading its wingand is an authorized learning centre for Mahatma Gandhi University Meghalaya ,conducting courses in Fashion, Textile, Jewellery. Interior, Multimedia and Animation.
DIA Stands For :
- High Academic standards
- Global Recognition
- Qualified & Experienced Faculty
- Placement Assistance
- Relevant Industry Exposure
- Dual Certifications (Degree and Diploma)
IMS Design & Innovation Academy is having collaboration with the following universities and institutes for global exposure, faculty training, joint research:
- University of Central Lancashire UK
- University of Huddersfield UK
- LDT Nagold Germany
- Esmod International Fashion School Paris
- IED Milan
- Institute Marangoni Italy
- Innovation being the hall mark of DIA, it launched the design centre in the year 2009.
- The movie was to give employment and work experience the students during their study period.
- Their learning experience extends beyond their regular curriculum.
- The vision is to offer an effective platform to the students for practical experience ,opportunity to display their creative designs and subsequently gain employment.
- Design centre is a unique initiative of DIA that offers students a direct interface with the industry.
- It helps students realized their dreams through a range of infrastructure, business advisory, mentoring and financial services.
- The design centre has already launched our brands in different verticals.
- These are individual profit centers which are being established as brand to recon with in respective field.
- These brands have been able to mark their presence in the industry and generate good business in a short span of time hence giving students great exposure ,training ,financial income and the confidence to become an entrepreneur standing shoulder to shoulder with the best in the industry .
- DIAs own Brands are :-
- Royal Rajwara
- Fascino galleria
- Studio 169
- A team of marketing professionals train and assist students to markets their product and services.
- Taking part in various exhibition and shows of National and international repute which provides students a wide exposure.
Featured Faculty :
- The Faculty at DIA is highly qualified and experienced.
- They have right mix of industry and academic experience, committed to providing a holistic learning environment for the students.
- They also contribute towards the overall professional and personal growth of the students.
- DIA also lays great emphasis on specialized inputs for each of the course for which the best design professionals are invited as guest faculty
- Advisory Board Comprises industrialists and senior professionals covering all the design disciplines.
- Comprehensive business training
- Presentation skills
- Hands on experience in dealing with consumers and clients, understanding their requirement and servicing them
- Working on projects
- Training in financial management and also providing financial assistance