St. Xavier's College, Mumbai, was founded by German Jesuits in 1869, and since then, has faced many developing phases so as to offer the superlative and become most preferred institution of all times. It has gained attribution by NAAC with A+ grade, and serves as an all-rounder for every academic field. Integrating with the best tools and abstract resources, we offer various courses that undertake every significant subjective sector like Science, Biology (Zoology, Botany, Microbiology), Commerce, Economics, English, French, Hindi, Pol. Science, Life Sciences, Maths, IT, Management and much more.
- St. Xavier's college has a placement centre that takes care of the placements of the students.
Top Recruiting Companies
- McKinsey & Company
- Ernst & Young
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Teach for India
- Tata Interactive Services
- Glaxo Smith Kline
- Tata Consultancy Services and many more....
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked 2nd in Arts category as per The India Today-AC Nelsen-Org-Marg in the year 2008
- Ranked among Top 10 Colleges, best Arts College, and second best Science and Commerce College in India by India Today
- Hostel on campus for male students of the Senior College only
- Accommodate 60 students with all the facilities for study, recreation and common living
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- The main St. Xavier's College library has a collection of more than 1,20,000 volumes
- Students have access to a lending library, reference library, paperback library, non-print media library and a vast treasure of journals, current and back volumes
Conference / Discussion Rooms
- It has a fully air conditioned Computer Centre and is equipped with state of the art facilities
- High speed Internet access is available
- Software packages like MS Project, MS Visual Studio. Net, Oracle 10 and Office 2003 & BMS are in use
- All conference rooms are provided with the latest equipment & facilities.
- Discussion rooms are provided for team work & Case Discussions.
Studio Facilities available
- It has well operational lecture rooms with a mini theater for case discussions.
Video Editing Studio
- Pro tools on an Apple Mac. Recording, dubbing and digital editing facilities for songs, films, ad-jingles and computer animation assignments
- Ideal for music composers, singers and dubbing artists
- Additional Post-production facilities are also available
Media Resources Centre
- The Editing system available is the Final Cut Pro - Version 4.5.
- Facilities to capture, edit and produce your video film like a pro.
- The audiovisual wing comprises of Cardinal Gracias Media Resource Centre
- There are not many specialized Media libraries in the city
- XIC's Media library is maintained specifically to compliment the media programmes offered by XIC
- It is also open to students of media Institutes and media researchers
- Ms. Shefali Balsari Shah - M.A., Ph.D. Reader & HOD (English)
- Ms. Asha Dayama - M.A., Ph.D., D.H.E. Reader & Prof.-in-charge (Hindi)
- Ms. Alpana Palkhiwala - M.A. Prof- in Charge (French)
- N.S. Gorekar - M.A., Ph.D., D.Litt. (Persian, Urdu & Islamic)
- Ms. Maureen Almeida - M.A., M. Phil. HOD (Psychology)
- Ms Fleur D. Souza - M.A., B.Ed., PhD. Reader & HOD (History)
- Ms. Anita Rane - M.A. Dip. Pali - HOD (Ancient Indian Culture)
- Ms. Kalpana - M.Com., M. Phil. - Prof.-in-Charge (Commerce)
- T.V. Mathew - M.A., M.Phil PhD - Reader & HOD (Economics)
- Ms. Aruna Sundresh - M.A., M.Phil, D.H.E. HOD (Political Science)
- Edward A. Rodrigues - M.A., Ph D. Reader & HOD (Sociology)
- Ms. Madhuri Raijada - M.A. M.L.S. - Co-coordinator (Mass Media)
- Established in 1869
- It is a part of the vast educational efforts in India and throughout the world, of a group of Charitable Trusts called the Jesuits.
- The faculty draws on its long experience of innovation in educational pedagogy practiced through its Honours Programme and other initiatives.
- The national magazine INDIA TODAY has rated it high among the first 10 colleges in India.