Marthoma College of Management and Technology was created in 2005 as an undeniable business college. The College has Minority Educational Institution status allowed by the National Minority Commission for Educational Institutions, Government of India. MCMAT is one of the top MBA colleges in kerala offers MBA system subsidiary to the Mahatma Gandhi University, perceived by the Government of Kerala and affirmed by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). We give innovative lab and hostel to the understudies originating from far off spots.
The placement activities include:
- Development of a placement cell which will help students in their career planning, preparation for selection tests and final placements.
- Strong contacts and effective communication links with many prominent industrial and business organizations
- Effort to match students career aspirations with the requirements of these organizations.
- Preparation of List of Corporate and other Institutions from all over India and also from the Overseas.
- Placement Officer will liaison with the senior Company executives of reputed companies.
- Timely preparation of Placement Brochures and their distribution to the concerned Industries and corporations.
- Timely follow up and finalization of the schedule for the Campus Recruitment Programme (CRP) as well as summer / winter training.
Top Recruiting Companies
- IDBI Bank
- Arena Interiors
- J M Lifestyle
- The Federal Bank Limited
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Ernst and Young
- South Indian Bank
- Apollo Paints
- Asian Paints
- Periyar Pipes
- Muthoot Finance
- Hedge Equities
And many more...
Rankings & Awards
- Highly rated B-School in surveys of Business Today (2013)
- India Today (2013)
- Business World (2013)
- Business India (2013) at 'A+' level
- The Week (2013)
- The Pioneer Daily at 'A+' Level (2013)
Hostel accommodation is available for both men and women students at the Asramam Campus. The residential students can avail the computer laboratory facilities for longer hours and actively participate in the enrichment programs.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- The MCMAT has very good library facilities providing a rich collection of books on Management, Information Technology and books for general reading. The books cover all areas of interest and curriculum related studies, including periodicals and research journals of national and international repute. The library is being constantly replenished with latest books.
- The MCMAT computer laboratory is well equipped. The MCMAT encourages MBA students to develop hands on experience with computers and encourages students to develop skills in the area by taking integrative practical sessions, projects and assignments. Information Technology and Computer Applications have changed the role of managers as those with such skills in these areas have a competitive edge.
- Canteen facilities are available in the campus.
Teaching Faculty Staff:
- Dr. Rajan Varughese, M.Sc., Ph.D, (QT and MIS), Director and Principal.
- Mr. Stanley George, MBA (Marketing), HOD & Placement Coordinator.
- Mr. Sunil Varghese, MBA (Marketing), Asst. Professor.
- Mrs. Deepa Babu. K.G, MBA (Finance), M.Phil., Asst. Professor.
- Mrs. Sabitha. S, MCA (IT), PGDPR, Asst. Professor & PRO.
- Mr. Boby Varghese, B.Tech, MBA (Marketing), Asst. Professor and Placement In-Charge.
- Ms. Sreeja K.S, MBA (Finance), Asst. Professor.
- Mr. Jiju Alexander Cherukara, MBA, AIMA-ACM (Marketing & IT), Asst. Professor.
- Ms. Swathi T.S, MBA (Marketing), Asst. Professor.
- Fr. Jino Jose, MBA (HR), Asst. Professor.
- Mr. George George. P, B.Tech, MBA (HR and Finance), Asst. Professor.
- Mrs. Sheba Paul, MBA (HR), Asst. Professor.
- Mr. M A Mathew, MBA, PGDIM, Former AGM, INDAL, Former Chairman, NIPM.
- Fr. George Mathew, MBA, Human Resource Management.
- Adv. Gopakumar C.N, LLB.
- Mrs. Renu Raj, M.A, Executive Communication.
- Mrs. Manju Elizabeth, MBA, (UK) Business Communication & Functional English.
- Fr. George Munjanattu, MBA, M.Phil, Human Resource Management.
- Ms. Anita Sudarsan, MA, Communicative English.
- Ms. Deepa Praveen, C.A., Accounting and Financial Management.
- Mr. Colbe Davis Joseph, M.A, Executive Communication.
- Mr. Ajith Paninchukunnath, B.Sc., MBA, Research Fellow, MDI, Gurgaon.
- Dr. .K. M. George, B.E, MBA, Director, Kerala State Productivity Council
- Mrs. Santhi Elizabeth Liju, M.Com, ACA, Kolath & Co. Chartered Accountants
- Mr. John P. Sam, MBA, Former GM (Personnel), United Catalysts India Ltd.
- Prof. (Dr.) A. P. John, M.A., Ph.D., Former Principal, Mar Thoma College, Thiruvalla, Former Faculty, Linguistics Department, Monach, University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Adv. A. Jayasankar, M.A., LLM, Sr. Advocate, High Court of Kerala, Ernakulam.
- Mrs. Sheela Abraham, Faculty for Journalism and Communication in different institutions, Trainer for IELTS, Value Education and soft-skills.
- Mrs. Elizaba Kurien, Associate Director, CREDAI, Kochi.
- Prof. N.S. Neelakandan, Former HOD, Mathematics, Union Christian College, Aluva.
- Mrs. Joslin Rebecca John, M.Sc, Q.T
- Established in 2005 by MTEA
- Associated with Mar Thoma Evangelistic Association (MTEA) and MTEA Society.
- Provides a well-rounded education program
- Development of individual placement cell which will help students in their career planning, preparation for selection tests and final placements.
- Strong contacts and effective communication links with many prominent industrial and business organizations, thus making efforts to match students career aspirations with the requirements of these organizations.
Value Added Programs @ MCMAT
MARKING PRESENCE The extra- curricular activities at MCMAT are for improvement of the communication and presentation skills of the students. Seminars- capitation at institutional and inter institutional levels are arranged periodically. Group discussions, quiz and other tests are systematically conducted and students are equipped to face tests and other selection procedures by job provider. Regular national seminars and other enrichment programmers are conducted to enhance students knowledge on various areas of business and financial sectors. Major action groups and adventure club activities are planned for student. The every students and faculty, are members of the ET club and the day starts with analysis of base ET editorial. An activity hour on a daily basis is exclusively used by the students under the supervision of a faculty for a soft- skill development. Course Highlights
Extra Curricular Activities
- Hands- on Industry Exposure
- Intensive sessions with top Managers
- Mentorship Activity
- Enrichment Programmes
- Personality Development Sessions
- National Seminars, Symposia
- English Proficiency Classes
- Knowledge Management Activities
- Research Assignments and Mini Projects
- Management Quiz and Business Games
- Value Based Education
- Weekly Seminars/Guest Lectures
- Regular Industrial visits and interaction with professional bodies like NIPM, KMA etc.
- Yoga and Meditation Sessions
- Eco- friendly activities
- Retreats and out-door training Programmes
- Placement Assistance
- Entrepreneur Development Programmes
- Communication Skill Development Programmes
The extra curricular activities at MCMAT are for improvement of the communication and presentation skills of the students. Seminars/Competitions at institution and inter-institution levels are arranged periodically. Group discussions, quiz and other tests are systematically conducted and students are equipped to face tests and other selection procedures by job providers. Nature Action Groups and Adventure Club activities are planned for the students. Fratres The Annual Management Fest Fratres which means, to gather together for a common purpose is being regularly conducted. It is inter Collegiate competition where management students of leading B-schools of South India are invited to participate and challenge their limits. This helps the students of MCMAT to gain experience in organizing bigger events and activities which help them to become future leaders, quality decision makers and successful entrepreneurs. Enrichment Programmes MCMAT has designed programme with academic and job oriented dimensions in the areas of marketing of agro- products, management of forest recourse, operation, international business, IT, operations and management of service marketing include tourism, banks, insurance, hospitals, hotels and amusement parks. The students have to opt for one of these programmes and complete a scheduled training field work of and above the university programme through mentoring. This is planned to offer students opportunities to identify their field of interest and prepare for their future endeavors. Mentor Program MCMAT has introduced a mentor programme in the campus to benefit its students by offering opportunities to each student to have a close interaction with eminent an experienced managers, administrators on a regular basis. This is expected to provide great opportunities of soft skill development and potential for professional growth of individual students through exposure to entrepreneurs. The students have to be with mentor for a scheduled number of hours and work on assignment provided by him/her with the purpose of scotting for innovative business ideas. Industry Interface MCMAT believes that text book knowledge is not all that a student of management should rely on. To be successful managers students have to be exposed to real world problems and practices so that they are well prepared for the future. Many top executives and eminent personalities from the corporate world are being associated with MCMAT. Global Linkages MCMAT is developing international academic linkages through faculty and student visits between Bellarmine University, Kentucky, USA.