Chandigarh Engineering College (CEC) proves to be an engineering college commenced in the year 2003 under the prior commitment and guidance of Chandigarh Group of Colleges, and since then has been a pioneer in offering quality engineering and technical education all the way long. The college has gained accreditation from NBA, has been approved with an AICTE mark for its educational infrastructure and belongings under the affiliation from Punjab Technical University. The college offers Undergraduate (B.Tech) level courses in the field of Engineering, IT and Computers along with Masters Course (M.Tech and MBA) in Engineering and Business Management.
- The primary role of the Training and Placement Cell is to secure placements for students passing out from the College
- This Cell keeps close liaison with various industrial establishments, which need highly qualified technical manpower
- A good number of establishments visit the College every year to conduct campus interviews and select the final year students from all disciplines
- The Cell extends all facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews.
- At present there are two gents hostels (for U.G students), one gents hostel (for P.G. students) and one ladies hostel
- The hostels are named after the ragas of carnatic music.
- The two gents hostels named as Saranga and Varali have the capacity to accommodate 270 students.
- The P.G. hostel named as Charukesi, has a capacity of 60 single rooms.
- The ladies hostel, Tharangini, can accommodate 136 students.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Situated in the spiritual city of Pondicherry, 160 km South of Chennai (Madras)
- Situated on the shores of tantalizing blue waters of Bay of Bengal
- The Sports complex has a Badminton court and table tennis.
- There are two basketball courts and two volleyball courts adjacent to the football & cricket ground.
- Well Stocked Library
- Arts and Cultural Committees and Hobbies Club
- SS Unit
- Literary Club
- T.T. Hall
- Hobbies Club
- Dr. E. Srinivasan - B.E., M.E., Ph.D., MISTE - PROFESSOR
- Dr. G. Nagarajan - B.E., M.Tech., Ph. D., MISTE, MIEEE - PROFESSOR & HEAD
- Dr. M. Tamilarasi - B.E., M.E., Ph.D., MISTE - ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
- Dr. G. Florence Sudha - B.Tech., M.Tech., Ph.D., MISTE, MIEEE - ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
and many more..
- Established in 1984 under the VII Five Year Plan
- Sponsored by the Union Territory of Pondicherry
- It is an autonomous Institution for the purposes of administration, staff recruitment and College development and is managed by a Board of Governors
- The College has been growing from strength to strength since its inception
- The college is promoted and fully funded by Government of Pondicherry
- Aims to establish centers of excellence in collaboration with industries,research laboratories and other agencies to meet the changing needs of society
- The institute offers eight undergraduate, eleven post graduate and Ph.D programmes in the major disciplines of engineering and technology