AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences & Research Center, Bangalore was created in 1992. The college is associated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences & Research Center, Karnataka. The college is putting forth under graduate program in dentistry and post graduate program in all the 9 extensions of dentistry. The Maaruti College of Dental Sciences & Research Center goes for a solid incorporation of both Eastern and Western dental wellbeing sciences to empower the humanity to carry on a full compass of their lives gave by god in flawless wellbeing.
The Maaruti College of Dental Sciences & Research Centre aims at a healthy integration of both Eastern and Western dental health sciences to enable the human kind to live a full span of their lives provided by God in perfect health. It would strive for achievement of academic excellence by educating and training dental health professionals, who shall recognize health needs of the community, carry out professional obligations ethically and equitably and in keeping with the National Oral Health Policy. It would promote development of scientific temper and oral health for achievement of academic excellence by educating and training accountability amongst students and teachers. It would support quality assurance for all its educational programmes. Excellence in dental education is the motto.
The graduate should acquire the following during the period of training
- Adequate knowledge of the scientific foundations on which dentistry is based and good understanding of various relevant scientific methods, principles of biological functions and should be able to evaluate and analyze scientifically various established facts and data.
- Adequate knowledge of the development, structure and functions of the teeth, mouth and jaws and associated tissues both in health and disease and their relationship and effect on general state of health and also the bearing on physical and social well-being of the patient.
- Adequate knowledge of clinical disciplines and methods, which provide a coherent picture of anomalies, lesions and diseases of the teeth, mouth and jaws and preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of dentistry.
- Adequate clinical experience required for general dental practice.
- Adequate knowledge of biological function and behaviour of persons in health and sickness as well as the influence of the natural and social environment on the state of health so far as it affects dentistry
We have separate boys and girls hostel with mess facilities. The hostels are located inside the campus for the safety of the students and the mess is hygienically maintained to serve healthy and tasty food. Separate accommodation is provided in the college campus for parents who visit their children. This facility can be utilized by getting prior confirmation from the office of the institution.