Government College of Architecture was established in 1911 as an important part of Government College of Arts & Crafts and is one of the most seasoned in the nation. The Institution differentiated from Government College of Arts and Crafts in 1976, with its new name 'Govt. School of Architecture' which was, later, renamed in 1980 as 'Govt. School of Architecture. It got affiliation from Gautam Buddh Technical University, Lucknow. The college regularly conduct seminars, workshop and many more activities. The college provide hostel facility for the students coming from distant places.