Sastra University

Exam Views: 352

Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) University is an astounding academic university which offers best-tuned programs and courses in the interface of Arts, Science and Engineering along with best on-campus facilities and industry-tailored curriculum for an effective learning experience. It initiates undergraduate Bachelor of Technology admissions in the wide spectrum of engineering and science.

SASTRA University offers academic courses on undergraduate level (B.E./B.Tech) with its accreditations on All India Level, and admits students based on their overall working and performance in JEE Main 2015 scores and 10+2 marks. There is no entrance exam conducted for the admissions, and applicants are offered admissions based on these eligibility criteria only.

Exam Name – SASTRA University B.Tech Admission 2015

Type – Undergraduate

Exam Level – All India Level

Selection Mode – JEE Main 2015 and class XII marks

Conducting Institute: SASTRA University

 

  • Applicants must be cleared in 10+2 or equivalent exam under the recognition of state or central education board.
  • Physics & Maths comprises to be the main subjects in the qualifying exam along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology as optional subjects.
  • A minimum aggregate of 60% required to be scored in Physics, Math and Chemistry.
  • Vocational students are eligible according to their choice of theoretical subjects.
  • Candidates securing Diploma In Engineering Or Technology Courses are eligible for direct admissions in 2nd year B.Tech stream

There is no entrance exam for these admissions. Instead, candidates are admitted as per their performance and secured marks in 10+2 exam and JEE Main 2015 scorings.

  1. Application form can be downloaded from the website and all the application details must be filled accurately.
  2. You can send a DD with a request letter for obtaining the form and it must be directed to Office of Admissions, SASTRA University, Thanjavur – 613 401, Tamil Nadu.
  3. Another way, you can access the forms personally from SASTRA University campus present in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam or at No.5, Subbaraya Nagar, and Chennai or from the elective branches of IOB and City Union Bank.
  • Application form fees amounts to a total of Rs.600 if you are paying personally and Rs.650 by demand draft drawn in favor of SASTRA billed at Thanjavur.
  • DD must be directed via post and application number, name, mobile number, address and email ID must be mentioned at the back side of the envelope.
  • A copy of the application form and DD must be kept for future instance.
  • Around 70% of total candidates will be selected on the basis of their presentation and scorings within the interface of JEE Main 2015 and 10+2 or equivalent exam conducted under the recognition of a reputed educational board.
  • Left 30% of the candidates will be selected based on their aggregate scorings and ranks will be allotted to these candidates, providing 75% importance to normal 10+2 markings and remaining 25% weight to JEE Main 2015 scorings.
  • Candidates with marks obtained more than the desired cut off will be short listed for counseling.
  • These candidates will be included in the merit list and will be given a chance to fill their choices.
  • Online counseling will be held and seats will be allotted on the basis of rankings obtained.

Sastra University, NH 67,

Tirumalaisamudram,

Thanjavur- 613401, Tamil Nadu

Phone: 04362 304 000,

Email: admissions@sastra.edu,

Website: www.sastra.edu