Thapar University conducts several undergraduate and post graduate admissions for students within the interface of engineering, computer science and technology so as to maintain the reputation of being amongst India's top private engineering colleges. It is one of the most reputed engineering colleges present in Patiala. Thapar University offers admissions in UG courses based on JEE Main 2015 performance along with overall academic interface.
Thapar University offers B.Tech Admissions in best-tailored and designed disciples in the genre of Engineering. It provides best opportunities and learning experience for the students. Candidates who want to continue their UG degree from Thapar University must go along the eligibility criteria and marking scheme and then apply accordingly.
Exam Name – Thapar University 2015 Admissions
Conducting Body – Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab, India
Exam Type – Undergraduate
Exam Level – State Level
Exam mode – Offline
UG and PG courses including B.Tech, M.Tech and BE etc.
· Candidates must be of Indian nationality.
· Candidates must have secured a clearance in 10+2 with math and physics as obligatory subjects along with chemistry, biology, bio-technology or computer science as optional subjects and must score a cumulative of 60%.
· JEE Main 2015 appearance is a must.
· Date of birth must reside on or after 1 October 1990. SC/ST/PwD candidates will embrace a relaxation of 5 years, i.e. 1985.
· Board toppers will be granted with direct admissions, only if they produce relevant mark sheet and certificates as a proof.
Candidates can download the form from the official website and have to fill every detail with proper specifications and must be submitted to the campus with DD affixed drawn in favor of Thapar University and payable at Patiala. Candidates must obtain a valid JEE Main 2015 score and ranking for further seat allotment procedure.
Online fee payment: via credit/debit card, you can pay the desired fees. Online payment will be specified in the form itself.
Offline fee payment: via DD amounting to Rs.1500 constructed in favor of Thapar University”, owed at Patiala. Direct the form along with D to the given address:
In-charge Admission Cell,
Thapar University, Patiala -147004
· Candidates will be selected based on their rankings and scores secured in JEE Main 2015 and 10+2 or equivalent and will be distinguished in a proportion of 60-40.
· A total of 3 ranks will be assigned based on the calculations, and candidates will be categorized accordingly, i.e. All India Rank, categorical rank and state rank.
· Board toppers will be granted direct admissions.
· Counseling will be conducted in the middle week of July, 2015. The candidates who get short listed will have to mark options for colleges and courses according to their preferences and eligibility, and must appear individually in the counseling process.
· All the relevant documents must be produced when asked at the time of document verification for seat allotment and must reach their specific venues as mentioned. Photocopies must be brought for safe side. During documentation, you must keep a DD amounting to Rs.1500 drawn in favor of “Thapar University”, billed at Patiala.
· Seats will be allotted according to the accuracy and specification of documents and merit ranking and scores. In order to confirm the admissions, candidates must deposit the admission fee as described.
P.O Box 32, Patiala,
Fax: +91-175-2364498, 2393020