Admission to Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin/ Non-Resident Indians in premier Technical Institutions is being offered under DASA scheme of MHRD. Admissions will be on the basis of GRE scores.
Admissions for Direct Admissions of Students Abroad for Post Graduate Programs are organized and administered under the surveillance of MHRD. This year in 2015-16, the authority to conduct DASA PG admissions is coordinated by Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur. Admissions are based on GRE scores.
DASA PG Admissions: There is no entrance exam. Admissions are on the basis of GRE scores
Commonly Called As: DASA PG
Co-coordinating Institute: Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
Residential Criteria: Any one of the following must be met:
- Candidates must have an overseas citizenship, PIOs or OCIs with a secured undergraduate program degree of any country (including India).
- Indian Candidates applying must have secured undergraduate program degree outside the demographics of India.
- Indian Candidates who have acquired NRI Status from last 3 years after undergraduate degree securement are eligible.
- Indian Candidates applying must have secured undergraduate program degree in any CFTI under the DASA Scheme
- Indian Candidates applying must have secured undergraduate program degree within the demographics of India but have accomplished their 11th & 12th or equivalent from outside India.
- Candidates must have secured a passing mark in their qualifying exam, i.e. Four/Five year UG program in Engineering/Technology or equivalent within applicable branches for M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan./M.Des./MURP under the recognition of any reputed academic university under Association of Indian Universities/AICTE/UGC/Others so as to apply for DASA PG admissions.
- A minimum of 60% must be acquired or 6.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale or equivalent in the qualifying exam.
- Applicants appearing or waiting for their final qualifying exam results are eligible to apply.
- Legit total of 300 GRE Revised General Test Score (Verbal + Quantitative) must be obtained if the candidate has appeared for the tests after August 01, 2011.
- If tests are taken before August 01, 2011, a total of 1200 (Verbal + Quantitative) is required.
US$ 2,250 (US$ 250 as non-refundable registration fee and first semester Tuition Fee of US$ 2,000) is the summative amount and is payable via E-Payment portal through Debit/Credit Card or through SWIFT Transfer to a mentioned SBI Bank Branch only.
Note: Overseas Applicants, who are citizens of SAARC countries, have the eligibility to opt for 50% tuition fee renunciation following the condition if they have passed the SAARC-recognized qualifying exam. For them, fee amount decreases to US$ 1,250.
- Online registration and application is the method.
- All the personal and professional details must be entered along with choices and preferences related to courses and institutions.
- Fee must be paid via SWIFT Transfer to a mentioned SBI Bank Branch only.
- Recent photograph and signature must be uploaded along with other documents specified.
Note: Arrangement must be made for directing GRE Scores from ETS to Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur (Institute Code: 7536).
Candidates are short listed based on their GRE Scores and overall academic performances.
- 2 rounds will be held for counseling.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of GRE Scores secured on or after June 30, 2015 and a Merit list will be prepared for announcement.
- Seats will be allotted to the students according to this Merit List only.
- Fees must be paid immediately for confirmation after seat allotment if satisfied.
- A Provisional Admission Letter will be directed to these students and they have to appear to their specific venues along with their original documents for attestation purposes.
Coordinator DASA 2015,
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur,
J.L.N. Marg, Jaipur-302017,