The division of law came into existence in the year 1969 to bestow productive legal education. The office offers the LLM, LLM, and Doctorate in law and post-graduation certificate in criminology and police science. The division law has a productive standard faculty and the alumni are in teaching, legal, other authoritative post. The post-graduation diploma in human rights and 5 years coordinated law course after senior secondary education. Later, the department is keen on starting the post graduate degree courses in criminology and police science and in addition different other post-graduation courses with the entomb disciplinary methodology.
Jammu university entrance test is introduced by the University of Jammu. University of Jammu invites application from eligible candidates for the admission to LLM program in the faculty of law.
Jammu university entrance exam
Popularly known as
Jammu University, Jammu
Appearing applicants for JUET Law 2015 courses may choose any one of the following
· LLM Bachelor of Legislative Law
The applicants who have secured 55% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ST) in LLB professional 3 years or 5 years courses are eligible for the JUET law exam.
The applicant will have to appear in the Jammu university entrance exam conducted by the department of law.
The applicant appearing for the LLM must have qualified LLB 3 years with the aggregate marks of 60%.
The application form can be obtained from the university as that will be on offline mode
The applicant has to pay an amount of 200 rupees and if the candidate submits the application form late, Rs 150 will be charged extra from the applicant as the late fees.
· The entrance examination will be for three hours in which there will be 15 subjective type questions in which the applicant have to attempt 10 questions which will be carrying 100 marks.
· The applicants need to secure 50% marks. After which the calculation will be based on the 40% weightage to the entrance exam and 60% of academic marks in the qualifying degree.
· The subjects that will be covered in the entrance examination are
1.1. Jurisprudence and legal theory.
1.2. Constitutional law of India
1.3. International law and human rights.
1.4. Family law
1.5. Criminal law
1.6. Administrative law
1.7. Commercial law
· The applicants will receive their admit card from Jammu university.
Without a valid admit card, no student will be allowed to
enter the examination center
· The results will be declared on the official website.
· On the basis of rank or merit the admission procedure will be processes and students will be called for counseling.