Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is granted as India’s Central Institution assigned to depart best Civil Services and Several Nationalized Services within best interface and qualitative approach. The agency’s contract has been assigned under the Constitution of India so as to provide Public Services on a broad platform.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) laid emphasis on conducting National Defence Academy exam with a motto in mind of selecting capable candidates within the premises of India Defence services which includes Army, Naval Force and Air Force. This exam is conducted twice a year so as to fill a total vacancy of 320, splitting as 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 70 for Air Force.
Exam Name: National Defence Academy (I)
Commonly Known As: NDA I 2015
Exam Type: National
Exam Category: UG
Conducting Body: Union Public Service Commission
· For Indian Army: candidates who want to pursue their future in Defence must have qualified in 10+2/Intermediate/HSC or Equivalent under the recognition of a reputed educational board.
· Air Force (Naval Academy): candidates must have accomplished in 10+2 exams with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Candidates preparing for 10+2 are eligible to apply.
· The applicant can proceed with the provided nationality:
(i) A citizen of India
(ii) A subject of Bhutan
(iii) A subject of Nepal
(iv) A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before 1st January, 1962 for permanent settlement.
(v) A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam for permanent settlement.
· Certificate of eligibility will not be applicable in case of Gorkha subjects of Nepal
· Male candidates must apply and should be unmarried, with the date of birth lying between July 2, 1996 and July 1, 1999.
· Applicants must go to the official website for registration and select the link for NDA I Online Application.
· All the relevant information must be filled accurately.
· Personal and Academic Qualifications must be legit.
· Recently clicked photograph and signature must be scanned and uploaded with the form.
· The application fee amounting to Rs.100 must be paid by the means of Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/Cash.
· Submission must be done after payment.
A total amount of Rs.100 must be paid for NDA (I) Exam 2015 as Application fee and is payable via Net Banking facility provided by State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card or through Cash to be submitted at any division of State Bank of India.
· The Union Public Service Commission will be preparing a list of short listed candidates who obtain the qualifying marks within the preface of written exam.
· Selected candidates will have to appear before Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test, where candidates from Army/Navy division of the NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry System of Indian Naval Academy will be examined.
· Two-phase selection procedure comprising of Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced.
Total time provided for NDA Exam amounts to 5 Hours, out of which it is divided equally between two major subjects. The question paper will be of Objective Type, and marking scheme has been also imposed. The following table will give you a precise idea on how the exam is divided:
General Ability Test
System of Negative Marking is applicable in NDA (I) Exam 2015, out of which for every incorrectly attempted answer or have answered with more than one option from all, 1/3 mark will be deducted from the total.
· Panaji (Goa)
· Port Blair