Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) recognizes to be a self-directed agency present in India, who gained autonomy on the command of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Public Sector Banks in the year 1984. In 2011, IBPS announced a new procedure for recruitment, via Common Written Examination (CWE) for selection of Officers in Indian banks. The exam is conducted on a national platform, providing a chance to every individual to try their luck.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an autonomous body which conducts the IBPS Probationary officer (PO) and Management trainees (MT) recruitment exams to fill in vacant PO and MT posts in public sector banks. It is one of the largest bank recruitments conducted every year. Almost all the major Public Sector Banks are participating in the Common Written Exam (CWE) except for SBI. SBI conducts its own exam for recruitment in IBPS Probationary officer (PO) and management trainees (MT) posts.
Exam Name: IBPS PO 2016
Commonly Known As: IBPS PO
Exam Type: National Level Examination
Exam Category: Graduation level
Conducting Authority: IBPS
· Candidates must have graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University or other equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
· The age of the candidates must be in between 20 and 30 years
IBPS PO common written examination question paper comprises of a total of 5 papers based on Objective type pattern, and total duration is 2 hours each with total of 200 marks. The subjects included are:
· Reasoning: 50 Marks
· English Language: 40 marks
· Quantitative Aptitude: 50 Marks
· General Awareness: 40 Marks
· Computer knowledge: 20 Marks
Bilingual mode will be selected i.e. both Hindi and English, and marking scheme is applicable. For every wrong answer, 1/4th mark will be deducted, and if left blank, no penalty will be given.
· Online application is the selective mode by logging on the official website and selecting the link provided.
· All the terms and instructions must be read and form must be filled properly with accurate and selective information.
· Scanned passport sized photograph and signature must be uploaded within the accurate dimensions and sizes.
· After that, application must be submitted and a printout must be kept for relevant future.
Candidates can check their results by logging on to the official website. The dates are yet to be released.