Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) is a national level examination conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay. The examination is conducted on behalf of Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. The exam is aimed to assess the skills and aptitude in the field of design.
Common Entrance Exam for Design is conducted to test the aspirants seeking to groom their career in the field of design and admission in Master of Design (M. Des.) program at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur and IIT Guwahati. The exam tests the ability of visual perception, aptitude for design, logical reasoning, creativity and drawing skills and communication skills.
Exam Name: Common Entrance Exam for Design.
Commonly Known As: CEED
Exam Type: National
Exam Category: PG Exam
Conducting Authority: IIT, Bombay
The candidate should have completed any of the following by July 2015:
· Professional Diploma in Design
· B.F.A. (4 yrs. programme after 10+2 )
· Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/ Design/ Interior Design/ Engineering or equivalent.
· G.D. Art with one year post qualification professional experience
· Master’s Degree in Arts/ Science/ Computer Applications
· The candidate have to apply online by visiting the official website http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/ceed2015/ for CEED 2015
· The male aspirants belonging to General category has to pay Rs. 2000/- as exam fee, the male candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories has to pay Rs. 1000/- and exam fee of Rs. 1000/- is payable for female candidates belonging to any category.
· The exam fee payment can be done in two ways:
o Online Payment with an additional charge of Rs. 10 (Instantaneous Confirmation)
o Payment by E-collect NEFT with additional charge of Rs. 2.5 (Delayed Confirmation)
· The candidates have to attempt both parts A and B of CEED 2015. Based on the scores of part A, the candidates are shortlisted for part B. Thereafter, based on the scores obtained in part B candidates are provided their ranks.
· The scores obtained in part B of CEED are considered only while creating the merit list.