Punjab University serves as a public independent university located within the premises of Chandigarh, India. It offers various undergraduate B.Sc. courses within the criteria of Hospitality and Management and conducts leveled entrance exams for several courses admissions.
Punjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test is conducted by Punjab University so as to filter best admissions for the selective courses of Tourism and Hospitality Management. This exam is held on a university level and proposes undergraduate level courses at qualified rates. It offers B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration and B.Sc. in Tourism Management courses for the current academic year 2015.
Exam Name: Punjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test
Commonly Known As: PUTHAT 2015
Exam Type: University Level
Exam Category: UG
Conducting Body: Punjab University
· Candidates must have passed in their 10+2 or equivalent exam recognized from Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or equivalent university/board with an aggregate of 55% and must have studied English as mandatory subjects.
· Eligibility will differ on provisional front.
· Registration will be done Online.
· A login ID/Registration number and password will be generated for future login. It must be noted down safely.
· A printout of the bank slip must be taken and kept.
· Required fee must be deposited using online-generated Bank slip from any SBI Bank Branch, at least after one day of slip printing.
· Candidates are required to log in again after 24 hours and upload the scanned photographs, signature and other information and save it as soon as possible.
· Submit the form and take a necessary print out.
· Download your Admit Card after April 27, 2015.
A total of Rs.880 must be paid by General candidates on a whole, whereas SC/ST Candidates will have to pay a secured amount of Rs.440 only.
Selective courses and seats offered within it are as follows:
Number of Seats
Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management
Selection in both of the above courses will be based on the merit list of Punjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) conducted under the jurisdiction of Punjab University.
· Total Questions: 100 questions of 1 mark each
· Total Time: 90 Minutes
· Medium of Exam: English
· Marking Scheme: 1/4th mark deducted for every wrong answer
· Subjects with weightage as follows:
i. English Aptitude- 30 Marks
ii. Current Affairs and General Awareness- 20 Marks
iii. Reasoning Ability: 20 Marks
iv. Hospitality Industry Awareness- 30 marks
Results will be declared from May 11, 2015 to May 13, 2015 on a probable basis and further counseling must be attended individually.