KARNATAKA PGCET MCA
KARNATAKA PGCET MCA is being conducted by Karnataka Examinations authority. The examination is a gateway to get admission into various Government Colleges, University Departments, University Post Graduate Centers and the Private self-financing Institutions of Karnataka. The examination is conducted to take admission into the MCA programme.
The Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test Master of Computer Application is going to be conducted in July 2015. KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority) conducts the examination to take admission into postgraduate programme of Master of Computer Applications (MCA). The students who qualify in the test get admission into top institutes of Karnataka and also get a chance to become a part of blooming IT industry as IT administrator (and other designations too) by studying the course of MCA. The allocation of seats into various Government Colleges, University Departments, University Post Graduate Centers and the Private self-financing Institutions is done on the basis of merit list.
EXAM NAME: Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test Master of Computer Application
COMMONLY KNOWN AS: KARNATAKA PGCET MCA 2015
EXAM TYPE: State Level
EXAM CATEGORY: PG
CONDUCTING AUTHORITY: Karnataka Examinations Authority
NUMBER OF SEATS: 4500 seats (approx.)
· The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and have studied any of the following subjects Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Computer Applications/Computer Programming/Business Mathematics/Business Statistics.
· The minimum criteria of marks is 50% (45% for SC/ST/Cat-I category students)
· The candidates can apply online only
· The candidate will have to visit the website http://kea.kar.nic.in/
· Fill up all the details correctly
· Now, the candidate has to upload signature and a passport size recent photograph
· Go through all the details once again and edit if needed; then click on “Submit”
· Take printout of the application form and pay the application fee at State Bank of Mysore (any branch) or at any E-Payment Post Office
· The application fee for general category candidates is Rs. 800/- and for reserved category candidates it is Rs. 400/-
· The paper will contain 80 questions with weightage of 100 marks.
· It will have two parts. Part A which will contain 60 questions and Part B which will contain 20 questions
· The time length of the exam will be 2 hours
· The paper will contain contains the following subjects along with their respective marks weightage:
o Mathematics: 40
o Computer Awareness: 20
o Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning: 15
o General Awareness: 10
o General English: 10
All questions in the paper will be compulsory
and will have no negative marking for wrong answer.