GCET MCA is conducted online by Gujarat Technological University (GTU) to offer admission in postgraduate programme MCA. The examination provides a gateway to a wide path of success. The qualifying candidates get admission into more than 60 institutes imparting the course of MCA and participating in GCET MCA 2015.
Gujarat Technological University conducts Gujarat Common Entrance Test along with more than 60 institutes. The main motive of the exam is to test the skills and knowledge of the candidates and offer them the opportunity to bloom up their career in the field of Information Technology (Computer Applications). The institutes participating in the test offers admission into the postgraduate MCA programme.
Exam Name: Gujarat Common Entrance Test for Master of Computer Applications 2015
Commonly Known As: GCET MCA 2015
Exam Type: State Level
Exam Category: PG
Conducting Authority: Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad
· The candidate must have Bachelor’s degree with any of the subjects Mathematics, Statistics or Business Mathematics as an adequate subject
· The candidate must have passed the qualifying exam from any university in Gujarat state
· The candidate who have pursued the qualification from any university outside Gujarat is also eligible but if he/she:
o Have completed 10+2 from Gujarat Board, or
o Have completed 10+2 from CBSE Board/ Council of Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi Board and the school is located in Gujarat or Union Territories of Diu, Daman, and Dadar Nagar Haveli.
· The candidate will have to purchase a brochure from any branch of Punjab National Bank (PNB) against an amount of Rs. 250/-
· The brochure also consists of User ID, PIN and Password
· The candidate will have to visit the official website of GTU and login using the credentials got along with the brochure
· Now, the candidate has to submit the required details and take printout of the form
· He/she has to sign upon the printed application form and send it to the Help Center, GTU attached with the attested copies of documents.
The exam paper contains 100 MCQs with total time duration of 80 minutes.
· The first section contains the question based upon English Language Skills, Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical and Logical Reasoning and has time duration of 64 minutes.
· The second section contains the questions based upon Analytical and Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude with a time length of 16 minutes.